“A great day out for a reasonable price.”
Review of Wookey Hole Caves

Wookey Hole Caves
More attraction details
Owner description: A series of caves that sheltered Stone Age people.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great day out for a reasonable price.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Having not been since I was a kid, I was surprised to find that Wookey Hole Caves had been turned into a theme park style attraction but my 8 year old son loved it and the tour through the caves was great. Although there is still a chance for kids to make a sheet of handmade paper in what used to be the mill, I was very sad to learn that the current owner closed down the working paper mill when he took the attraction over, 6 years ago, after it had been a working mill for hundreds of years! What a shame! That was a real downer on the experience that had, up to that point, been otherwise excellent and marred my enjoyment of the penny slot machines, mirror maze, etc. and it definitely meant I was less inclined to spend money in the gift shop. It would definitely be a boon to the attraction and the area if the manufacture of paper could re-commence at this site.

1 Thank Kate B

• Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Wookey Hole”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

worth a visit, its a while since I went there but I liked it very much, very atmospheric with an etheral quality........try to go a bit out of season and miss the crowds

Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Surpassed our expectations”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We booked a family ticket through groupon, which saved us a few quid, so that helped, but even so, it cost nearly £50 for 2 adults and 4 kids. My expectations were low, as my experience of these tourist attractions have seldom been great. However, i am pleased to report we all had a great time. The caves themselves were wonderful, and the guide was friendly and knowledgeable. Time in the caves was fine .. A few minutes longer would be great, and the group size was maybe a little on the large size .. But these were very small gripes, overall the experience was great.
What added to the day was the extra attractions, added since I went as a child 35 years ago. The circus was the best of these - an absolute gem, which all 6 of us loved. The gardens with fairies, dinosaurs and gnomes were picturesque and pleasant. The amusements and mirrors, did exactly what they needed to, as did the museums. Altogether, these made a great experience, something for everyone and great value compared to other days out. Food looked poor, we didn't try it, so I couldn't say for sure.

1 Thank KarlYau
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wookey Hole”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We visited Wookey Hole yesterday 13/02/2013.
We paid using Tesco vouchers which I considered more reasonable than paying the full asking price on the door. The cave was brilliant and beautiful and the tour guide that took us around was very good and informative. I was disappointed that I was not allowed to take photographs in the cave. It rained most of our visit which did not really make any difference because other than the dinosaurs and fairies every thing else is inside. The circus is very entertaining and the children enjoyed watching the clown, witch and children doing amazing acrobatic. The mirror maze was very entertaining and different. There are two indoor children play areas which entertained the children whilst we sat and had a hot drink. All in all not a bad day. The staff were very friendly and the toilet areas were clean. I do not think that the visit is worth the full admission price.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Don't go out of season!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We went at the beginning of Feb. We were charged full price even tho there were things closed. The indoor play areas were freezing.
The day out turned into an hour and 30mins out!
Disappointing :(