“Had a lovely time, great value package.”
Review of Wookey Hole Hotel

Wookey Hole Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wookey Hole
West Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
“Had a lovely time, great value package.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel was a standard "travel lodge" type. Clean, modern, comfortable. Kettle, tea and coffee, TV with DVD player, bath with shower. My moan - no hairdryer, husband's moan - no biscuits! That was the full extent of our complaints so really very good.

Children slept on pull out sofa bed, which was fine for a night or two.

We did the "Santaland" package and I was very pleased with the value for money, Father Christmas was great, present not the best I've seen but children were pleased with it. We saw the Christmas Circus and it really was the highlight - fantastic.

We had our lunch in the snack bar, which was fine but a bit pricey for what it was.

We had carvery in the evening, I had booked a table in advance, at the Big Top restaurant (which is in the main Wookey hole attraction, a 2 minute walk from the Hotel). The was really good, big portions, wide choice of food for the children, good value for money, family fare. 10/10 for this.

When we'd finished dinner, back off to the amusement arcade/softplay part of Wookey hole and played until about 9.30 pm. Watch out for the mirror maze - challenging after a glass of wine!

Mustn't forget the actual caves which were spooky and atmospheric. We all loved them.

I'd love to go back next year.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed the same (we were a party of 4 families). Our rooms were at the end of a corridoor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed one night. All staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The evening meal was excellent. We did not stay for breakfast. Would definitely recommend and hopefully stay longer next time. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornwall
Reviewed November 18, 2012

To be fair, the purpose of this hotel is not really to accommodate lone business travellers (as I was on this occasion), but I booked it because it seemed good value for money and was close to where I needed to be. The hotel appeared, unsurprisingly, very much geared to families visiting the Wookey Hole attraction and is positioned adjacent to the entrance. The interior is clean and well appointed throughout, with 'witches' embossed on pretty much everything including the curtains which reminded me of my mother-in-law's house. The hotel is easy to find, plenty of parking, and I paid £35 for a room only deal. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated (if you like witches) and very quiet. The bar area and restaurant is quite nice, a sort of very 'up-market Little Chef' arrangement. Although I did not need to eat in the hotel that evening, I paid an additional £7.50 for an excellent full english breakfast which was plentiful, nicely cooked and presented. The only downside to the eating experience in the morning was that around 8am there were quite a number of Wookey Hole attraction staff sat at tables playing loud music and videos on their iPhones which lasted for the entire time I was sat at my table. To me, this appeared to be what happens in the mornings as it looked like a regular meeting place. However, whilst that sounds a bit like Victor Meldrew, it would not prevent me from staying there again, and is the only criticism I would have. The girls on the reception were very pleasant as were all the staff I spoke to. Not the best I've stayed in, and nowhere near the worst, and of course for £42.50 including breakfast you shouldn't expect much more. If you are a family looking for a base, this is a great place to stay. Mind you, I wouldn't have been saying the same things if I'd paid the pre-discounted price of £80.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 28 which is a very well-appointed family room ; quiet, clean, with the larger windo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KAJCornwall
Essex UK
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here on a Groupon deal with my wife and 3 kids (12,9 & 6). Hotel is fairly new and modern if a little soulless. We arrived at 9pm after a 4 hour drive (after school) reception staff were OK but not particularly welcoming, room was clean and big enough for a night for our family but the beds were very uncomfortable particularly the sofa bed. There was a lot of noise until after 11pm caused by children running up and down the corridor, probably not the norm but aggravating all the same. We thought breakfast was very good with plenty to eat and well cooked, couldn't comment on evening meal as they stop serving at 9pm so we missed it.

Wookey Hole as an attraction was really good and I'd recommend it to anyone. We had lunch at the Wookey Hole Inn just down the road and it was excellent and the staff very friendly. Would probably look to stay there if we go again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel earlier this year for a wedding in the area. Comfortable rooms that were clean and the staff were polite and proffesional but not really friendly. The dining area for breakfast is opposite the hotel and is more like a transport cafe than what you would expect to find in this type of hotel. Location is pleasant and it has plenty of car parking space.

Room Tip: Try to get one that does not look onto the car park / main entrance.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Well, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

hi just tapped in new years at wookey hole and saw some reviews somewhere i would just like to say we had a fantastic time on new years eve and thought it was fantastic value for money wedidnt take the children but a couple of friends ,didnt know what to expect but wow fab intertainment and staff and the food and fireworks brilliant, we want to go again this year with the children as they will love it as there are not many places you can go with kids on new years eve, we hope its on this year as i havent seen any advertisment well done wookey hole ,we didnt stay at the hotel as we live near by but are considering it this year.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

we stayed 3 nights at this excellent hotel the staff were brilliant, the room very spacious and spotlessly clean, we used the restaurant in the evening the menu was varied and food delicious, breakfast was a feast,couldn,t fault the hotel , only whinge is guest's standing at the entrance smoking , while other guest have to walk through the smoke haze they create, perhaps they should be asked to smoke away from the entrance

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bannatyne Hotel - Charlton House
Bannatyne Hotel - Charlton House
#1 of 2 in Shepton Mallet
Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa

Been to Wookey Hole Hotel? Share your experiences!