“Great place for an evening meal with friends”
Review of Wookey Hole Inn

Wookey Hole Inn
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our second visit this year - and equally as good as our first. It's comfortable and welcoming with friendly staff and a menu that focuses on locally sourced ingredients. Only two quibbles, both of which are probably one-offs for the night we were there: first a relatively restricted choice for vegetarians - just two starters and two main courses; second the overly noisy group at the next table. But despite these, we'll definitely be going there again.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great food. Went here with my family. Good friendly staff. Loos very clean! We are planning to visit again next year.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

OK, you may not like 'gastro pubs' but this one is well worth overcoming your prejudices for. It is full of bizarre curiosities and boasts some unusual beers, but more importantly it serves great food and moderate prices and served by wonderfully young and charming staff. One of my all time favourites.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

After staying in the area for a week, we had a few bad experiences, fortunately found this place. Very welcoming from the start, kid friendly, food very nice. Looks can be deceiving, looks like a bit of a locals only place from the outside, but nicely chilled and eclectic on the inside. Solid pub food.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I know, sorry, gross, seriously enjoyed my dinner there though last week. Had slow cooked spiced belly pork and it was devine. Followed that with apple crumble, as good as mine I must say. My other half had the duck which he enjoyed although felt it was slightly overcooked (think he was salivating at the sight of my belly pork!). Most excellent service from our waitress who seemed to be handling the place on her own, sorry didn't get her name but she was brill.
This was just a one off as we were staying across the road at the Wookey Hotel but loved the place. Funkiest old pub I've seen in a while, loved the decor, very warm and welcoming. Would definitely go again