“Excellent meal!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We spent a couple of hours here in the afternoon, having been to the caves etc and the fact it was raining! We ended going back for evening dinner. The meal wasn't the cheapest in the world, but the food was worth every penny. The service was friendly and relaxed, as was the atmosphere.
I would definitely recommend a visit if you're down this way, and would eat there again if we are.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

the food here was excellent,, and there family friendly,,,,,,,,,,

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Food was amazing, staff were welcoming and prices reasonable for the high standard of the food.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Being a local girl who has been living in London for the past 8 years, I would say that my tastes have changed somewhat from when I was crusing the Wookey Hole countryside in my teens.

My family and I popped in for a drink around 21:00 on a Friday night and happily spent until the wee small hours playing giant jenga and teaching my mother what tequilla "tastes like".

THe staff here are brilliant and friendly and the food is delicious. There is a great choice of beer and cider and the best bit .... it is in the best village in the world. I always visit this place when i am in the Shire.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We went to the Wookey Hole in on a Saturday night for my boyfriends birthday. We could only have a table at 7 or 9 so they could get two sittings which is fair enough. Service was very quick, but at the 9pm sitting they'd sold out of 3 of the main courses, so we couldnt have our first choice. Also you are packed into the restaurant like sardines -they are obviously very popular, but I was so close to the next table that when she smashed her glass icecream bowl on the floor it showered me in broken glass!
The decor is very eclectic and you get a paper table cloth with a pot of crayons to draw on it. I'm not sure that this quirkyness goes with the fine dining prices (A main course is about £19). The food was very good as was the service. I would go there again, but probably not on a saturday night.