“Dinky but perfectly formed”
other travelers have booked this property
Attention to detail to create a cosy and homely atmosphere
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Attention to detail to create a cosy and homely atmosphere
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jampottts
“Dinky but perfectly formed”
Reviewed May 29, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Jasmine Cottage has everything we needed. Small but well equipped kitchen. Attractive and comfortable living space with tasteful decor, paintings etc.
Light airy bedroom with generous wardrobe space, drawers and plenty of hangers. Very comfortable beds and bedding.
We had brought books, DVDs and maps but Clarissa actually had a great stock of all these plus board games and local information leaflets, menus etc.
We never managed to connect to the wifi but actually that made it easier to enjoy being away from it all. You can get wifi when out and about if desperate.
A huge plus is the location. Not only with the famous waterfall walk five minutes from the front door but also the park across the road with great play area and access to the river. Plus a huge selection of places to eat out for such a small village and a range of shops from practical to arty crafty.
We easily accessed favourite Dales places and also managed a day at the seaside.
Clarissa and Mike were great hosts and even offered to walk our dog when we asked if they knew a local dog walker.

Would love a return visit soon

May 31, 2017
So glad you enjoyed. Hope you enjoyed the reunion do! Love to see you back any day. And next time will give the dog a decent walk if your stuck. Islas birthday made time a little tight in the end.
Wifi is a little waffy in the area but we are going onto super fast fibre Optic??? (Don't understand the technology!) any day now in the village centre. Just connecting up. Will make a huge difference.
See you again very soon we hope!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Delightful little cottage”
Reviewed January 30, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Jasmine Cottage may be small but it does not lack anything. The furniture and fittings were very good quality and the cottage was beautifully clean. Clarissa, the owner of the cottage, was very kind and let us have a late check out because no-one was booked in after us. Ther cottage is close to shops, pubs, fish shop and two Indian restaurants. The Waterfall walk is on the doorstep of the cottage and not far away is the Ribblehead Viaduct. Malham Cove is approximately a 30 minute drive away.

Feb 1, 2017
Thanks Sandra. Glad you had a good stay. Malham is beautiful for a visit out, great choice! Glad you enjoyed the cottage. Try to make it cosy and homely but above all clean! Time off is so precious. It needs to be relaxing and fun!
Hope to see you again.
Clarissa
andrealow...
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed January 2, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Arrived later than anticipated due to work problems,,,Clarissa offered us the option of staying free for another day as the cottage was to be empty
There is nothing in the cottage that has been scrimped on from the beautiful artwork to the coasters,,,,,I've stayed in many a rental where everything is cheap and sometimes not so cheerful
The cottage is spotless and the bed is comfortable
Jasmine cottage is close to everything ,,and there are some lovely denzel friendly pubs where we enjoyed a few pints following the long walks
Would return again
Thanks clarissa

Jan 4, 2017
Ah thanks Andrea. It's so important folks have the best stay I can provide. I know how much I love my holidays and model it on what I would like best of all. Clean comfort and a feeling of a little bit of luxury. And I find people treat the place with so respect and care because of it. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Would love to have you back anytime. And diesel the dog always welcome , wouldn't have known he'd been in when I went to clean. Enjoy 2017...
sue c
blackpool
“One word 'Fantastic'”
Reviewed December 8, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Cannot fault anything about our experience at Jasmine Cottage. Clarissa was a star, the cottage was beautiful, everything was in easy walking distance. We felt at home as all the locals in the village made us feel so welcome. We will definitely return!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Wifi intermittent but probably a good thing as you get away from everything
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Amy2116
Preston, United Kingdom
“Absolutely lovely break in a beautiful cottage”
Reviewed May 1, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We had an amazing stay at Jasmine Cottage. Such a beautiful little place with everything you could need, and Clarissa (owner) couldn't do enough for us to ensure we had the perfect time! The village was lovely and everything we needed was close to the cottage (especially the chippy across the road which was fab). Hope to stay again in the future and would totally recommend Jasmine Cottage to anyone looking for a relaxing hideaway in the heart of a beautiful location. Hoping to try Inglefall Cottage with friends sometime too! Thank you to Clarissa and her husband for being so helpful and kind to make the stay even more great!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 4, 2016
Thanks Amy. That's so kind. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Reviews like that make it all worth while. Thanks!
I had an awful experience at a cottage last year. I got there and literally cried. I would have turned straight round had I not driven 9 hours with two kids under 5 on my own to far far reaches of Scotland. So instead I spent two hours cleaning it!
I now make it my mission to make everyone's stay the best i can.
People book breaks cause they want a stress free, relaxing few days and bloomin good fun with friends and family!
So I try and make it just that.
Always a few things to keep improving but I always take account of all guests top tips! And I've now put up a chalk board for things to fix, change or scrap!
Hope to see you again.
Clarissa.
burgerboy...
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Great cottage for a couple”
Reviewed March 5, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed here in February for a weekend break as we didn't really want to go to a b&b, Jasmine cottage is small but perfectly formed and ideal if you prefer to holiday self catered. I really appreciated the fact that you could pick your days and the bookings weren't restricted to weekend or midweek (like you see in a lot of places- this meant I could book just the Friday and Saturday night.) I've stayed in a few houses around the country for holidays and I would say the interior finish of the cottage is of an excellent standard. I'm pretty sure dogs are also allowed and there is room for one. I would say the fee per night is good value also.

The location is excellent, there is a quiet road just a few metres away that is good for parking. There are many pubs/cafes and the waterfall trail within 5 minutes walking distance. The fish and chip shop opposite is excellent and I recommend going there.

The cottage does have wifi but it is fantastically slow (I imagine this just comes with the area tbh) so In case of rain I'd pack / download a coupe of box sets. You can use the wifi for sending and receiving emails though which is useful I guess. There is no outside space with the cottage but Yorkshire itself makes up for that in abundance.

The owner is helpful, polite and relaxed- I'd definitely consider returning to jasmine if I were to go on holiday in Yorkshire again .

Louise J
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fab little cottage”
Reviewed February 29, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

Clean, cosy and everything you need, what a lovely little cottage this is. Perfect location, very close to pubs and shops, although there was very little open during our stay. Very close to the ingleton waterfall walk. We didn't meet the owner in person but text and spoke to her on the phone she was very nice lady and very hospitable. Excellent value for money and to top it off, its dog friendly!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing