“Fantastic pie”

Marton Arms
Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Ingleton
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a traditional Country Inn located 3/4 of a mile from Ingleton and just 6 miles away from Kirkby Lonsdale. We have 10 guest bedrooms, two of which have four poster beds, one twin bedroom and one family bedroom, the rest are double bedrooms. We are ideally located for the those doing the Yorkshire Three Peaks or visiting the White Scar Caves and Ingleton Waterfalls.All of our food is prepared freshly on site to order and we use locally sourced suppliers. For those Ale drinkers we have 8 Cask Ale hand pulls, which during the busy season we try and have all 8 on. During the quieter months this is not always possible. For those winter months we have two roaring log burning stoves in the bar and for the Summer months we have two lovely beer gardens, one out the front of the hotel looking over St Oswalds Church and one out the back looking over open fields. For the best available rates please look at the hotel website.
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

This pub/hotel has recently changed hands, we were informed, but what a good start they have made. We both had the steak and ale pie, topped with a suet and herb crust. It was without doubt one of the best I have ever eaten. Well done the chef. The beer on offer was also great I'm told.

Reviewed June 28, 2016

I’ve been travelling to this part of the dales for over thirty years, caving, climbing and walking, and spent a lot of time at this pub.

I have to admit, that I haven’t been to it for a little while, so on a recent visit, I thought it time to nip in for a Sunday lunch.

We arrived, and parked in the well sized car park, with the church opposite. The old Inn is in a cracking location, the tiny hamlet of Thornton in Lonsdale. The entrance door is amazing, old and with a huge lock.

For a Sunday lunch, I was surprised to see the main dining area empty, the only others we spotted, were a couple sitting outside with a beer.

Standing at the bar, there looked like a fair range of beers, but no bar staff.

We must have stood for at least two minutes, before a lady came through from the rear of the building, looked at us and without a word, turned her back on us and started to write on a notepad. She did turn her head and look over her shoulder at us briefly, but no words. Not an “I’m sorry, I’ll be with you in a minute”, “excuse me for just one moment”. Patiently, we waited for a few more moments, and then left!

Great location, lovely looking old place, but a warm welcome, I don’t think so!

Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

A lovely building with a quirky atmosphere. A good range of cask ales served spot on. The food was good, although I was disappointed at the size of the mixed vegetables portion with my steak and ale pie. I mentioned this to the staff and it was doubled with no charge. Well cooked and very tasty. A lovely country pub which we will definitely be returning to.

Reviewed June 14, 2016

Visited on the first night of our stay in a local caravan site, steady 10 mins walk to the pub which is always a bonus!

The food is very nice, and there sure is plenty of it! Our daughters portion would have sufficed myself! Manager is very friendly and helpful and bonus that dogs are allowed in too! The only little issue was that it is a tad expensive to what we would usually pay, but we felt it was worth it as the food is great!

Will be back when next in the area!

Reviewed June 11, 2016 via mobile

Popped in for a drink and was happy to discover a cider festival.

Landlord/manager was pleasant and chatty and was very knowledgeable about the different ciders.

We bought 3x thirds which cost the same as a pint.

Glad we called in.