“Excellent value--”

The Dales Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ingleton
The Dales Guest House
Ranked #20 of 22 Ingleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Not the Ritz but The Dales offers great value(£30), room was pretty compact but it was all there- good shower, nice sheets and clean. Owners very pleasant, happily dried my wet clothes and breakfast cooked to order. Breakfast room tiny but I enjoyed talking to other guests!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Ian W

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have just returned from the 40s weekend in Ingleton,i went with the wife and two children age 11 and 7
We stayed in the Dales Guest house ,We all thought it was Bob on, The kids didnt want to go out they would have been happy staying in for two days,
Penny and Paul were both charming hosts , Penny had a smile on her face every time i saw her,I think they are very proud of ther guest house and so they should be, It has everthing you want , its clean and tidy ,plenty of hot water, great showers and comfy beds, superb food, all local produce and Pennys home made bread, the dinning room is a little small but it opens into a large lounge and as it only caters for 8 people its big enough, The lounge area has plenty of chairs and games for the kids, My little lad is hard work, he is into everything , but no one seemed to mind ,I spoke to other guests and everyone said they likede it,I hope they all leave possitive feedback I think it deserves it ,It must hurt owners of B&Bs when they get uncalled for bad reviews it could close small businesses like this and it would be a great loss, there is no need for it, Its a great place to stay,dont compair it with your 4 stars in Turkey compair it with other small guest houses and it gets full marks ,hey even came out to wave us off you dont get that very often,, love to stay again,Thankyou

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank LeeDarwenLancs
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I arrived at the Dales Guest House somewhat nervous after reading all the recent reviews. Although not the most wonderful B&B I have ever stayed in, for the £30 I paid, I think it was good value for money. I had a very early breakfast as I was doing the '3 Peaks' and was offered a much nicer breakfast than I had expected including a good assortment of cereals, fresh melon and strawberries, yoghurts and chunky toast.
The bed was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank CheshireLovehols
Reviewed November 6, 2011

When I arrived I was given a flurry of instructions on how things should be and how certain things should be used. Once this wittering woman had disappeared I was a bit peckish I decided to try a welcome biscuit, only to discover that they had both gone off the week before.

The next day I went down early for breakfast and was greeted by a "dinning room" smaller than a shed. The food however was of an acceptable quality. After I had gone back to my room for a bit more sleep I was woken shortly by one of the owners asking if I wanted anything as they are going out for the day and wouldn't be available. I find this a bit ridiculous as I was paying for a service where they would be available until 9pm.

As I came downstairs to go out for the day I found the keys to all the rooms on a side table in the hallway, I was amazing shocked by this lack of security and promptly hid the keys in the same hallway. The owners never mentioned that the master keys to all the rooms had gone missing and the keys we still in the same place the next morning. I am shocked by the fact that these people let me stay the night in a place that the keys were missing and my belongings, for all they know, could have been stolen at any time.

I left this shabby, unclean and unkept place for good after my second okay breakfast. I do not recommend you stay here as it drastically needs improving.

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank Rokuro
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I'm afraid that this guest house was extremely disappointing - the bed was clean and the sheets were fresh, but the cobweb above the door was black with accumulated dust and the layout of the room was poorly thought out. You couldn't watch TV as the viewing angle was wrong.

Worse though, was the hectoring 'welcome' I received complaining about my arrival time, followed by the list of rules bashed into me (all of which were duplicated by notices around the room). The best was a 'no boots' sign on the footstool in the dining room! When I arrived home, there was a message on my answerphone demanding to know when I was arriving.

I had two nights at this B+B and was really unhappy to find on both days that the breakfast was luke warm, with the baked beans actually cold.... I don't think its too hard to heat baked beans....

Ingleton is a beautiful place and the Dales were stunning, but, when I return, there are sufficient other properties offering B+B in the area to find a different base.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank A1_Traveller_11
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I must say, reading the previous review, I had a different experience altogether. As a busy man who works in central London, I was looking for a quiet getaway with my wife and teenage sons. I was not disappointed with my stay, and my two boys had a brilliant time too. The location was great, we did climbing, caving and walks all at a very close distance, the village it self is wonderful and we were greeted with a warm welcome and brilliant quality British breakfast. The hotel provided comfy beds, the rooms were adequate for our needs, and we found everything in the guest house comfortable and relaxing. We found everything to be clean and comfortable and I look forward to coming again next year.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank callumjeffrey
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My husband and I had been given a Christmas present - a weekend from 'Freshweekends' by our son. We chose the Dales Guest House as it sounded just what we were looking for. When we arrived we were very disappointed to say the least. The entrance hall was a bit like a junk yard. The owners were getting a cooker delivered at the time and the kitchen door was wide open - never seen such a tip in my life. The bedroom wasn't much better - there were 2 cushions lying on the bed and were covered in stains!! the bed was clean but the sink was so small and close to the bed [not in the bathroom]. There were cobwebs all over the bathroom which consisted of a very poor shower and a toilet with a wobbly seat. We didnt even bother to take clothes out of the case as the wardrobe wasn't bid enought to hold them.The breakfast was fine but we were sat so close to another couple we felt we had to speak to them!! This was booked through Fresh Weekends and cost £89!! The actual cost had we booked direct would have been £56 - a very good profit margin!! We had booked an additional night but needless to say we didnt stay. Would not recommend this to anyone. Very shabby and in need of a good facelift. Wouldn't recommend 'Freshweekends' either. We told them about our problem and they weren't interested.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mcoyle_10
Management response:Responded February 26, 2011

This couple were using a vouvher supplied by Fresh Weekends . The face value has nothing to do with us. We only receive our normal rate minus 10%. A full response was made to the voucher supplier together with a copy of our latest Vsiit England assessment, which was three star with three elements at four star.