I wonder if we stayed at the same place as the other 2 reviewers! Our experience of Clyde House was very odd indeed. We were obliged to stay here for a local function as no other accommodation was available. There were 4 in our party - on arrival one pair had a 10 minute lecture on the use (and abuse!) of the side door and we had a good 5 minutes on what not to put down the loo! The loo lecture was not necessary as on entering the tiny bathroom we found no less than 3 separate notices on the wall about what not to put down the loo! The bedrooms were OK, but not huge & in our 2 rooms the bathrooms were small. In the twin room the shower enclosure was nearly too small to be useable. The hosts must have a thing for air fresheners - plug-in devices in every room and on every landing - other scented oils, candles and jars on most surfaces - quite a powerful mixture in enclosed spaces! The hosts were also a bit odd themselves - other than drilling us on toilet and door policies they wanted to know what we wanted for breakfast the second we arrived (down to which flavour juice and preference for white or brown toast!). While eavesdropping on our conversation about where to meet up after dropping off bags, they were keen to tell us that the pub over the road was closed - but didn't point out 2 others up the street were open. Was this general intrusiveness a misplaced attempt at friendliness? We couldn't tell! The breakfast food was good, but none of us appreciated being ordered to inspect the "healthy options" before we were allowed to sit down to the fry-up! All in all our night at Clyde House was a fairly peculiar experience and one which I'm not keen to repeat. However some of the group insist we go again and take other friends to "enjoy" the experience!
I'm told by locals in Leyburn that Dales Haven Guest House is a very friendly place to stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clyde House is a privatley owned and run 5 bedroom guest house, in the beautiful North Yorkshire Dales. All our rooms are ensuite showers and have flat screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryers and batrobes, also Heathers homemade biscuits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Clyde House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clyde House Hotel Leyburn
- Clyde House Leyburn, Yorkshire