“Poor imitation of a real bikers cafe”
Review of The Manor Cafe - CLOSED

The Manor Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
“Poor imitation of a real bikers cafe”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

First visit here at 3pm on a Sunday in high summer 2013.

Ordered ALL DAY breakfast to be told they were not serving food (at 3pm?) then as a couple of platefuls of sausage and egg were taken outside from the kitchen the story changed to 'we've run out of bacon'. Then when I said sausage egg and chips would do, was told I could have a bacon sandwich (thought they'd run out?).

Basically didn't want to serve me for some reason and happy to lie openly to avoid it.

Moderately busy but no where near as busy as the more popular cafes such as Devils Bridge or Sherburn, so no excuse.

Ate the offered sandwich, which was undercooked and left ASAP.

None of the friendliness of a proper biker cafe, not worth a trip when Devils Bridge, Penny Garth, Hartside, Sherburn, Fridaythorpe are all proper biker places.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Dalesrider
manor-cafe, Owner at The Manor Cafe, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
I am very upset about your review for I am the owner & nothing ever happens like this when my daughter or myself are on the premises!
I know exactly when your visit will of been for my daughter & I were away for a few days.
I would like to offer an apology for the way you were treated.
I am so embarrassed for I pride myself on serving good food & cannot believe they said they had ran out of bacon & had stopped serving at 3pm!!
I have messaged you details of how to claim a complementary meal on your next visit
Regards Kath

Leyburn, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing quality.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I thought this would be an easy place to stop for breakfast. In fact it was very easy with plenty of free parking in a farm yard sharing with about 20 motorcycles was not an issue. I did notice that few of the riders were eating which should have sparked a warning. I ordered coffee and a bacon and egg butty At £4.20 this didn't seem unreasonable. The coffee was good with help yourself fresh milk and the usual small bagged portions of sugar. The bacon and
egg butty however was a different thing altogether. It comprised two badly cooked rashes of bacon and a rather anaemic egg. The bread roll itself seemed fresh but the bacon was a big let down, over cooked and greasy, old grease at that!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Mike R
I am very sorry you were disappointed in your purchase at the Manor Cafe & I can only apologize ..... I pride myself on serving good food with a welcoming atmosphere. May I ask if you ate all your sandwich & did you complain to staff? Because if I had been there & you had I would of replaced it or given you a refund! So too should my staff for this is our policy. I can count on 1 hand the complaints we have had in 3 years & this has upset me especially as you only live in Leyburn & are a local for we want local trade too. Please visit the Manor again and speak to me about it over a complimentary mug of tea.
Algodonales, Spain
“Great cafe on good biking roads.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

What makes a "great" biker café?
This one's o.k.in a good area for bikers,hikers and outdoorsy people.
Considering they advertise as a "biker café" they might want to look at and remedy their entrance/driveway maybe? Not very biker friendly to anyone who hates dusty,gravelly,pot holes,o.k. in the dry,a pain in the wet,and they are in a very wet part of an extremely wet Country!!
I only had a piece of cake and a cuppa so I don't know how good or not the food is.
I wouldn't make another special trip to see it,as I did on my first visit,but o.k. if you happen to be riding near by.

• Visited July 2013
Catterick, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Bikers Cafe in Bellerby”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Fantastic, relaxing atmosphere with friendly staff ..... always willing to offer advice on best local routes & always produce quality food. Has become a regular haunt for us & wednesday's they have a great Bike Night open until 8pm. Also fantastic events held there & Kath the owner raises lots of monies for charity with ride outs & events. Credit to you girl.

• Visited June 2013
Wetherby
“The Manor Cafe is everything that a REAL Bikers Cafe is all about. Run by Bikers, for Bikers.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Food EXCELLENT, Service EXCELLENT....even during very busy periods, it's worth waiting for. There's always plenty of like minded Bikers to chat to. It's all about Bikes and Bikers here, there's even a Motorcycle Garage in the same Courtyard! Bonus....get new tyres and an MOT while you eat a Manor Monster Burger and PROPER Coffee or Tea served in a proper Biker sized Mug. There's no plastic cups or greasy spoons here. The Kitchen has a 5 star rating and it shows. There's information on Ride-outs in the Dales and they even provide Tank Bag route cards! It's all good.....I'll be seeing you there lots in the future.

• Visited October 2012