“A return visit”

Ranked #7 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Leyburn
N.Yorks
“A return visit”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I paid a return visit here a short while ago, this time taking my partner with me. Again the welcome was warm, the food excellent........once again my eyes were bigger than the tummy and I had both soup and cake. Next time I will just have one or the other (or so I tell myself). This is truly a gem of a place and although it looks a little dismal from the outside - being at the back of the building and behind the information centre - it really is well worth taking that step inside. The owners even remembered my last visit in November - must've made an impression! Please do give it a try.

• Visited February 2013
Thank N.Yorks

Yorkshire, England
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A Guest House with a Tea/Coffee shop made us think it might be a recipe for weak coffee and cheap buns.We were enticed in by the promise of the views to be greeted with a very warm welcome.Service couldn't be faulted and very friendly. The cappucinos we ordered were excellent and you could actually taste the quality coffee. The fat rascals we chose were great. And the view of Coverdale and Penhill is superb- reminding us of the walk we had just completed.When in Leyburn again we would definitely pay a return visit.

• Visited February 2013
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We spent the day in Leyburn and wandered up towards the top end of the main street and into the Warland's Tea Room. The restaurant was through the back and empty at the time, a few members of staff were chatting together and we sat down at a table at the rear window. One of the waitresses came over and she was absolutely wonderful! Such a lovely friendly person, she just couldn't have been more helpful and such a warm personality.
To the person who rated this establishment very poorly, I just can't understand what happened, but we were given the warmest of welcomes on our visit. Before we left we chatted with a man and woman, we assume they were the owners. They were also very friendly, but our waitress was absolutely fantastic! Some waitresses are ok, but this one was fantastic!
We intend to visit Leyburn again, so just let's hope we get the same warm welcome on our return.
The soup and crusty bread was most welcome on a cold, wet day in Leyburn, as we sat and enjoyed the view out up to the hills in the distance and finished off with a pot of tea.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank 186514MargaretM75
N.Yorks
“A secret surprise”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Popped in not quite knowing what to expect as the front of the building is on the shady side of the street and it looked a bit dark. However, the dining room is at the back of the building with stunning views and modern furnishings, very cosy and a great ambience. Soup was divine and the freshly baked bread was wonderful - substantial is an understatement. Finished with fat rascal which I wouldn't have ordered had I known how filling the soup etc would be, but I somehow managed. The owners were friendly and welcoming and I couldn't have asked for more. People who put a poor review on here must've caught them on a bad day that's all I can say - unless these are new owners of course. Excellent.

• Visited November 2012
Thank N.Yorks
Leyburn
“Best in Town”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Have been going to Alex and Martin's since they opened the Tea Room. Views to die for; Cakes to endure calories for; Owners are lovely and now they have opened a wonderful art gallery ~ what's to not like!!

Visited July 2012