“Great Lunch time menu and value!”

Penleys Cafe and Bistro
Ranked #16 of 34 Restaurants in Leyburn
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

First visit today whilst out rambling with my partner, called in for a bite to eat and couldnt believe how comprehensive the menu was. Service was prompt and efficient and food not only good quality but also the portions were generous. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Visited for lunch on a Sunday.

Found an empty table and sat down. So far no staff welcome or contact. Only one menu on the table so had to take turns to look..ok so not a big deal but it is the little things that could improve this place for not much effort.

Food order was placed at the counter so I went to the counter and I think I may have stood in the wrong place but neither of the two staff behind the counter directed me to the order till. Eventually placed and paid for an order .

The meal was promptly delivered.

The meals (sandwiches) were of a good standard both served with decent chips and a salad and were a decent portion size. A soup was also ordered which again was very good.
Cannot comment on the staff as there was absolutely no interaction. There was no check back during the meal..there was no "how was the meal" when the plates were collected.

To sum up decent food but the staff didn't seem interested in customer relations.This is a service industry after all.With a bit of attention this could be an excellent little spot.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Myself and my partner were thinking about coming here for a snack today, around 4pm (the hours advertised on the door said it closed at 5), however the waitress came out and closed the door in our faces- cheers!?

1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Wouldn't happen anywhere else in the world. We walked in to an open restaurant - a party of 8. Other people were sat in eating, but we were informed they were closed, but would be reopening in half an hour. Did we hang around outside in the rain for the evening service ? Would anyone? I truly hope that when they go out if business someone points out why. Will not give them a second chance.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We was staying over at a friends Holiday home at the Yorkshire Dales Park ,walked into Leyburn on the Sunday Morning and saw Penleys Café open for breakfast and coffee .
popped in and was quite impressed with the very modern appearance of the café ,but most of all the 2 ladies serving behind the counter greeted us with a smile and a friendly good morning .
Nothing was too much trouble and the service was excellent as well as the full English breakfast we received .Will definitely be recommending to my friends and will be visiting again when I am back in the area