“Great experience for us all”

National Centre for Birds of Prey
The York Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Helmsley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The National Centre for Birds of Prey at Duncombe Park is the largest collection of these amazing birds in the north of England. You will find over 100 owls, eagles, vultures, falcons, hawks kites and more in a spacious 10 acre setting. We are a leader in the captive breeding, welfare and conservation of these awesome birds. Please don't compare us to other bird of prey centres, we are in a different league! We have a team of trained bird who fly three times a day (11.30, 14.00 & 16.15 ) Different birds are flown at each demo. We even have an indoor area if the weather isn't being kind. In recognition of the quality of the National Centre for Birds of Prey - we won our category in the White Rose Awards, the UK's largest regional tourism awards.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I took my 2 ten year old grandsons to this attraction in the school holidays.Lovely to see the birds fly with very good commentary from the handlers.We only had time to see the early afternoon session....would allow more time next time since they fly 3times a day and different birds each time.Will certainly visit again.The cafe is also good

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just wish we lived closer... Visited twice now, once with my wife and on the second occasion with my niece (8) and nephew (4). The second visit was definitely more for me but the kids both loved it.
I couldn't recommend visiting this centre enough if you have any interest in birds of prey, its superb. The staff are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and very passionate about the work they do.
Falcon displays are breathtaking! Can't wait to go back! Keep up the good work and see you again soon.
Simon U in Sedgefield, Co Durham

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The flying displays were extremely well presented by Annabel and Rachael who were very knowledgeable and obviously loved the birds which they were flying. Their commentaries were fluent and informative. The birds were well cared for and so beautiful. Different birds were flown at each of the three displays during the day so could spend a whole day there. Didn't sample the food but the café looked inviting. Well worth the visit and not expensive compared to many other attractions.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friend and I visited today with our two 11 year old boys. I enjoyed it far more than I expected. The birds all appeared very well cared for and the shows were brilliant. The staff were very friendly and entertaining. Would recommend anyone in the area pays this attraction a visit.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went to ICBP Duncombe with my family about 5 days ago and we had a fantastic time. the team that care for the birds could not have been more helpful or friendly. for a destination that has only been open since March 2013 it was an amazing day out. the prices were very reasonable and if you are visiting Yorkshire and don't mind having birds of prey flying over your head then it is definitely worth a visit.

if you wish to see more pictures drop me an email at 09stevensj@gmail.com