“Action required”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Been to this restaurant a number of times but stopped going a year ago due to excessive pricing but decided to go back and give it another try. Bad decision....... Sampled the buffet as it was something new to me but found the quality poor and therefore the value was disappointing.
Has the owner taken on more than he can cope with as they seemed to have opened lots of other places. Others must feel the same way as it was only half full on a normally busy night.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The quality of the meals was excellent. Well balanced spices, a good selection of dishes. A la carte servings are huge but do show more precisely the culinary skills of the chef. Wait staff are excellent and friendly.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

over the easter week-end me and my partner visited Helmsley and surrounding area's and decided to visit the desi spice again as it had been a while.We had the buffet this time and the meal was once again a credit to the chef's,they certainly know how to mix those spices.The food was great it's nice and clean and friendly and the staff once again were very helpful.It is a great place to park your bottom after a very tiring day out walking.I have been reading the other reviews and I would certainly recommend it and any one that has had a bad experience there i would say possibly was ignorant ,arrogant or rude or possibly all three as we had a lovely pleasant enjoyable meal.and deserves 5 stars.They say the customer is always right,well in my book that isn't always the case.

1  Thank smokie2421
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Bank holiday - pile it high, tempt with a different menu but push sale of soggy starters and empty main meal troughs on a terrible buffet. Management rude and disinterested. Don't waste your time, you will be disappointed.

2  Thank ItscoldhereScotland
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We came here last year in the snow and as it is sort of halfway between our friends and us we chose to eat here again. We were offered the buffet which looked very interesting and appealed to me as I can eat what i would like rather than being overfaced by a huge helping to myself. Once we had established there were enough veggie options for my friend we tucked in.There were a couple of unusual dishes involving pheasant( which none of us tried) and duck ( which was surprisingly nice as I would not have thought of using duck in a spicy dish). The waiters were very helpful and drinks came quickly and used plates disappeared in the same fashion. The food was delicious with a range of heat ( spice) to suit all. A good eye was kept on the buffet by the staff and the food was all hot and moist. A most enjoyable evening.

2  Thank Dorcas44