I have been to quiet a few spas in my time.. some good.. some excellent.. and only one I classed as really.. really poor.. that has got to be this one ! For goodnesss sake if you're booking a teen pamper.. don't bother !! The facilities are small and squashed together..nothing like what is shown on the photos.. and staff do not have a clue how to deal with or speak to young teenagers !
This was an absolute rip off for kids !
If you're expecting a decent selection of snacks/lunchtime sandwiches etc.. forget it !
A selection of sandwiches for one person worked out a £18.50 (EACH) and Coffee/tea £3.95 per cup..ridiculously overpriced ! I paid just over £350.. for half a day in the spa with 3 teenagers..with one half hour treatment for the girls ..and a manicure had we not had to leave so early as a result of the snow ! (An adult needs to pay £25 each to supervise the teens in the spa also). In it's favour.. the kids actually enjoyed the half hour facial they had .. they also got a nice gift of Elemis skin products to leave with.
It would have, however, worked out a lot cheaper, having a full weekend break in Centre Parcs with all the spa facilities available there....I would certainly not waste my money going here again...NEVER AGAIN !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a picturesque market town by the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors, this elegant Hotel boasts superb dining, full spa facilities, a heated outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. Surrounded by glorious countryside, this wonderfully secluded retreat is a haven of laid-back luxury and indulgent relaxation. Famous for its welcoming hospitality, it blends the traditional comforts of its Victorian heritage with an irresistible boutique design. Beautiful, peaceful and thoroughly unique, one visit is simply not enough. Guests can choose from a range of 33 individually designed en-suite bedrooms and suites each with their own unique decor, style and character. Cosy and intimately homely, they all feature Egyptian cotton sheets, soft exquisite duck down duvets (or cotton blankets), free Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TV, DVD player, luxurious Anne Semonin toiletries, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. There are accommodation options to suit all purposes, including Small and Classic Doubles, Junior and Deluxe Suites and, for the ultimate indulgence, Luxury Poolside and Spa Suites. Superb food plays a big part in life at Feversham. Here diners can enjoy classically inspired dishes from a menu that draws heavily from fresh local ingredients such as rich Yorkshire game and tasty North Sea fish. It's also home to one of the most talked about cheese trolleys in Yorkshire, traditional afternoon tea in their cosy fireside lounge and an impeccably well-stocked cellar. Throughout the warmer months, dishes can be served poolside on the terrace and gardens. The hotel's award-winning Verbena Spa offers an idyllic haven from the pressures of everyday life. Here guests can kick back, relax and immerse themselves in luxurious indulgence. They offer a range of treatments from manicures, facials and massages through to full spa day experiences. Revitalise and enjoy their famous heat experience with saunarium, aromatherapy room, salt vapour room, monsoon shower, ice cave, foot spa, outdoor heated pool and hot tub. The Hotel is situated in the North Yorkshire town of Helmsley just off the A170. Complimentary on-site parking is available. The city of York is just a 40 minute drive away and it offers excellent transport links to the rest of the country. There is also a local train station at Thirsk, a 25 minute taxi ride away. For those flying in, Leeds Bradford International Airport is about an hour's drive from the Hotel. Beautifully located in the depths of the stunning North Yorkshire Moors the Hotel is the perfect place from which to explore this remarkable area. Yorkshire is renowned as a place of distinct yet diverse appeal, from the majestic Castle Howard to the Gothic seaside town of Whitby, the ruins of Rievaux and Bylands Abbey to luxury designer shopping, Michelin starred restaurants to quaint marketplace tea rooms, there is truly something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Feversham Arms Hotel And Verbena Spa
- Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Helmsley
- Feversham Arms Helmsley
- Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa Helmsley, England