1,983 results
All reviews feversham arms outdoor pool hot tub poolside suite deluxe suite steam room pool side valet parking verbena spa relaxation area heat experience tasting menu log burner evening meal birthday treat attention to detail relaxing break
Selected filters
Reviewed September 28, 2006

I stayed at the Feversham Arms as a surprise valentines gift from my boyfriend.

The room, although a standard, was wonderful. Really nicely decorated with everything complimenting each other. The TV/DVD player was top of the range and had my boyfriend raving about it. The bathroom was lovely with a huge shower area and incense by the sink.

The food is absolutely fantastic and I can thoroughly recommend it!!!! We eat out alot and have yet to find any worthy competition
...although I would advise you to stay away from the Stinking Bishop cheese...it's very strong!

The hotel also provided us with a picnic and information on various walks, and although I'm not exactly 'into' walking, we had a fabulous time. I would recommend seeing Rivoulx Abbey and Helmsley Castle.

I am definately going to go back there. What a wonderful hotel.

Date of stay: February 2006
1  Thank twisters_world
Reviewed September 7, 2006

Sadly, we did not discover the Feversham Arms Hotel until the last day of our holiday in Yorkshire and so could not take full advantage of the Pool Suite's splendid accommodation and facilities. One needs to stay at least two or three nights to fully appreciate the luxury. We loved everything about the hotel, the staff were friendly and relaxed, there was lots of laughter and good humour from them, creating a very good atmosphere. Both dinners were excellent. As the previous writer mentioned, the souffle is superb. We had an amazing breakfast with the best porridge and Whitby kippers we have ever tasted, served with friendly efficiency. There were no 'buts', we believe that this hotel and the surrounding countryside are outstanding.

Date of stay: September 2006
1  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed September 5, 2006

The Feversham markets itself as a fully pampered get away sort of place, and it is.

THe room we had was a bit tired, for example the decoration was due, the controls for the speaker system for the bathroom fell of the wall when persuaded to work. The TV/DVD?CD library is a good idea.

THe bed and bedding was fantastic. We didn't use the pool, but it looked good, although they have (Polish) builders working on an extension to the side.

The lounge area is wonderful and comforrtable to just chill or take a drink before dinner.

Dinner was very good, but not fantastic. I must say the soufle's are brilliant though.

Breakfast really good.

In summary, go and stay it's good, but might there be better for your money????????????????

Date of stay: August 2006
1  Thank brookway
Reviewed August 28, 2006

We popped in here for a drink on our way to look at a nearby (Michelin Starred) hotel as a wedding venue. Whilst we were having a bit of a surreptitious nosey, one of the staff noticed and asked if we'd like to have a proper look around. We did! It was lovely! We booked immediately! I have never been to a lovelier wedding!! Obviously I'm biased about that - but the whole experience was exceptional, the staff, the room we were married in, the champagne and canapes after the wedding, the dinner, the service, the poolside suite, the breakfast and all our friends and family's rooms - just perfect.

Don't tell anyone else about it.

Date of stay: March 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank beartours
Reviewed July 2, 2006

We stayed in the same room as the previous reviewer (pool suite) and only a few days apart, it sems. Very spooky given the lack of reviews on this hotel! I'm pleased to say that this really is a great find. The pool suite is huge, only built last year I think, with modern decor and a B&O TV / hifi and 2 log fires. My only criticism is that the bathroom layout is not ideal (2 sinks would have been nice) but they were tied to the space available. You are, of course, also overlooking the pool (and a courtyard on the other side) so there is probably little privacy with the curtains open when the pool is busy. Luckily it was freezing cold when we were there!

The restaurant is superb and you won't regret eating at the hotel. The Michelin-starred Star Inn pub is also less than 5 minutes drive away. Food is similar to a trendy London restaurant, with presentation and taste being more important than size. Staff are very friendly and were impressive given the location.

Helmsley itself has loads to offer - very like a Cotswolds village but without the tearooms! The castle, walled gardens and Dunscombe Park country house (close Sats) are literally on your doorstep. If travelling from London, you may find it easier to get a train to York then pick up a car from Hertz or Europcar at the station - both allow drop-offs out of hours.

Date of stay: June 2005