We had the most magnificent stay over Le Tour de France weekend at the Wheatsheaf. Thank you Clare + Emily and your team for making it very memorable. Everyone was very friendly and helpful - Matt was very obliging with a particular menu dish for me. We stayed in the Annex and it was very nice, with our own 'front' door onto the car park. Lovely walks to be had from the door. We look forward to visiting you again - many thanks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby