We had a lovely overnight stay last weekend, planned at the last minute so we were lucky to get booked in. The place is spotlessly clean and still makes doggie guests very welcome. Restaurant meal was very nice. Everyone really works hard to make guests feel at home and welcome. There's a good atmosphere, and it is rare now to find a village pub still open. They obviously all work hard to make it work. The local football team were in for their Saturday tea of lovely Shepherds Pie. It all added to the feeling of busyness and people really using their local. Our breakfast was really good - tasty good quality sausage and good bacon made it a real pleasure. Overall a great stay in a very homely welcoming local pub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and LateRooms so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar