We stayed there for two nights Sept 2-4th and would highly recommend it for a visit,it was clean airy,and comfortable.We had our evening meal in the bar and very nice it was the bar staff and the locals were very friendly.All our meals were served quickly and the staff were all prepared to go that extra mile for instance I don't care for the milk in cartons which were in our room but the staff gave me a small jug to take to our room. All in all this was an excellent break and well worth a visit we would go back.The car parking was plentiful and not uneven as someone had mentioned
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby