Stayed here on 10th May 2013. Arrived in the evening, really warm welcome.
Room was really nice, tidy and clean. Had an evening meal which was really excellent, the service was great, Staff were very smart and friendly.
Had a few beers in the bar area, lovely open fire and biggest, coolest cat we've ever seen.
The breakfast was really nice. Couldn't fault anything with our stay.
Really lovely place and would stay there again..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby