We have stayed at The Wheatsheaf previously. Each time we arrive we are greeted like family, yes the pub is an old building and you have to accept that a certain amount of updating may be required, this has to be difficult to time as the pub is so busy. We have stayed in both the old and new parts and we have always been more than satisfied with the rooms. The food is terrific and plentiful, and the new waiter Matthew has a lovely manner and the way he bows to you having served your food is wonderful, a nice genuine little touch. Breakfasts are always top drawer. Staff always warm and friendly especially little Olivia and Henry. Well done everyone at The Wheatshef, keep up the good work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar