We spent 2 nights in the Wheatsheaf as a family of 4 plus a dog. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners and staff, and a special thanks to Andy who looked after us superbly. We were attracted here by the comments and the fact dogs are welcome, (if you are not a dog lover don't worry, the rooms are kept spotless and you would not know any pets had stayed there previously). We had an evening meal here which was excellent, had a prior arrangement for the second night otherwise would have eat here again. The breakfasts were really good with everything freshly made with a choice of egg style. Could not fault our stay in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar