“Sunday buffet”

Dining options: Reservations
Colne, United Kingdom
“Sunday buffet”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Went here last Sunday picked the Sunday banquet, service was good with friendly staff, starters were excellent the onion bhaji,s yummy and fresh, four curry,s to pick from the mild chicken was good but I felt over faced! The atmosphere? Well not brill and I have always thought the place is a bit small when it was an Italian before don't know what it is but I felt a bit claustrophobic ! Not my fav Indian but we live just down the road so would prob go back sometime! Value ok good luck guys more competition may be around the corner in Colne!

Visited April 2013

colne
“Used to be good but gone down hill big time.......”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Went there for a nice romantic meal for 2 as have been before...... However we were rushed from start to finish, with plates going while still eating and had no time to breath between courses... It was like they wanted us in and out so they could have the table back...

That aside we ordered chicken and a veal dish. The chicken was bone dry to the point we sent it back and complained, the reason given was that they half cook it I'm the day and re cook to serve (I'm no food expert but salmonella alarms were ringing in my head) as for the veal if you like extremely well done and chewy then it's the place for you wasn't to my liking though.......

Finally the thing that really made me laugh was when the bill arrived we were charged for a bottle of wine more than we had, their excuses (and this is the funny bit) was that the till must have made a mistake, like they do at the supermarkets when they charge you extra......??? I don't get it.... I told them if that's the case they need to get it fixed or buy a new till.

So by all means to eat here but remember check your bill before paying just in case them super market bugs in their system add things to your bill!!!.........

Burnley Lancashire
“Nice Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Prefer this to the larger one in the area, much better food and not so noisy. We prefer to sit downstairs as it has more atmosphere. Plenty of choice and a good range of wines available

Visited October 2011
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Disappointed. Not what it used to be.”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Unfortunately, we tried a midweek treat of dining out, and decided to try Giorgio's. It was my wife's first time there and I was hoping to capture some of the old atmosphere I remembered so well.

I found it a bit strange that we were the only customers in.
The menu was basic, but adequate, but the bar staff was inexperienced and came across as hesitant and unsure (untrained).
We ordered a lasagne with a side order of Wedges, and a pizza.
The pizza was nice, but despite the fact there were only 2 of us, the side order came out part way through my wife eating her lasagne.

Da Giogios has lost its personality, and it didn't help the Manager and kitchen staff (open hatch styled kitchen) proceeded so pass negative comment about the "other" Italian across the road, which is actually much better.

I would love for Da Giogios to rekindle the old spirit because it used to be a busy, brilliant, atmosphere filled night out, but it is now sadly lacking this.

Visited November 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

just no atmosphere and never felt welcome, food choice OK but nothing special

Visited July 2011