“very disappointed”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“very disappointed”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Visited Giorgio's for a friends birthday meal, almost everyone in the group was not happy with the food. My husband ordered SeaBream, when the fish arrived it was dry on the outer edges and uncooked in the middle, 2 people ordered Canneloni which they could not eat said it was awful. They tried to overcharge us too putting an extra meal on the bill. We complained about the bill they sent "complimentary" drinks then charged us for them! We will NOT be visiting this restaurant again.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank difah

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant friendly restaurant with fantastic food!”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I have been going to Giorgios for years and must say that under the new management it is better than ever! Fantastic welcoming fun atmosphere complimented by outstanding italian cuisine. Your never kept waiting long and the lovely staff are always on hand to have a chat to while you do wait. The brilliant chef Mario certainly knows how to cook up a 15oz rump steak thats bigger than your face! The parking is not unsafe as suggested below by the snobby 16 year old with an opinion! If your looking for a brilliant meal please try Giorgios, if you dont like something, just let them know and they will fix it for you straight away.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank SATOSH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what I expected!”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Earlier in the week, my friend decided to have her 16th birthday 'do' at Giorgio's restaurant! I was pleased to be invited.
My first impression of the restaurant is that it was welcoming, friendly and a warm, comfortable environment. The staff were extremely friendly, although some docile, most were extremely pleasant.
My first disappointment came early in the evening when our drinks were ordered. The server was clueless as to what they offered and it took him 3 checks to get the correct orders, although each of us spoke politely and correctly. The coke I ordered was flat, and had ice in, even though I clearly stated that I did not want ice. I ordered lasagne, which came quite quickly, which I was very pleased with, on the other hand wasn't very warm at all, and tasted of tinned chopped tomatoes more than anything, and that's not how it tastes anywhere else! My girlfriend's pasta was cold too, although tasty, it wasn't up to the standard I expected and nor was my friend's pizza!
We were upstairs and excluded from the friendly exciting atmosphere downstairs, which was understandable considering we were a large party, it was also, however, very disappointing too. The toilets were the next downfall, as they were quite dirty, and lacked any tissue to dry your hands, which was very inconvenient indeed!
The prices were reasonable, but more than I expected for the quality of the restaurant, I was very disappointed with the evening, but at least I now know it's main rival, Carlo's, is much better.
They did not provide the exciting birthday announcement which you do get at Carlo's, but I suppose they did cut up the cake, just about!
Because this is situated on a main road, parking was very limited, and I personally wouldn't feel very comfortable leaving my car there, despite the price of it!
My friends opinions were similar to mine, although you may think we're snobs!
I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to any of my friends, but I'm sure if we were downstairs, the atmosphere would have been much better, this would not have made up for the awful food though.
In my opinion, this restaurant is not one to go back to, but if one to prove that others are better!

1 Thank donnyosmond
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Superb Italian Food and Hospitality!”
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Early Sunday evening dining with the family in a non-city environment is not the norm in would appear, pariclualry if you want somthing different to a Sunday lunch cavary. We decided to do something a little different an dine at Da Giorgios (Colne) and I have to say it was superb. A warm greeting and continous great service, excellent food and wonderful with the kids.

Try someything different, try Da Girgios with your family for early Sunday dinner!

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Ordinary but friendly Italian”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

A fairly ordinary Italian restaurant along the ‘high street’ although away from the main shopping area. Parking seems to be easy in the nearby streets. The staff were very helpful and friendly, giving the restaurant a ‘fun’ atmosphere, if rather noisy (it was Saturday night and very busy).
Fairly usual Italian menu, including pizzas and a number of specials. Food was reasonable, if not particularly memorable, but portion sizes were huge so that we struggled to eat a starter and main course. With wines (house wines average but drinkable) it was £23 per person.

2 Thank Geoffy