“Ok for a short stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cheshunt
Ware, United Kingdom
“Ok for a short stay”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Was here for one night on a conference & as a female on my own wasn't too pleased at being outside the stable block with no other people. lock was stiff & I had trouble locking the door, lights didn't work properly & were dim & no phone signal in room. Staff were friendly though, food was good especially breakfast. Would have been nice to have kept conference members together as we were very spread out. I always seem to expect to much from hotels!

Stayed February 2014
Jodie W, Front Office Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Jezamine,

Thank you for your recent post following your stay here at Theobalds Park.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff to be friendly. I have passed your kind words on to our head chef and other members of the team.

I am however disappointed to hear that your bedroom allocation was not satisfactory and that you were not placed by any other members of your group. Our reception team usually allocate all groups together so that this situation does not arise. I apologise on this occasion that this was not the case and that you felt uncomfortable. I have spoken to my team regarding this issue to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for your constructive feedback on the poor lighting and difficulty that you have recently had with your bedroom lock. I have passed this information onto our property manager whom is now looking into the lightly and working on improving this for guests moving around the hotel, especially during the winter months.

I hope that we have the pleasure of you company again in the near future where we would be more than happy to ensure your stay is more satisfactory and comfortable.

With kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

One of our group had to change rooms because it was filthy. Three meals ordered, two were absolutely not as advertised, third one was tepid, lots of excuses from the chef and lots of apologies for staff, very poor

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Vad282,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Theobalds Park.

I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectation and that you felt that your stay was so unsatisfying.

I thank you for your constructive comments regarding a member of your group having to move rooms and the dinner you received being tepid and not as advertised. Both Head Chef and Head House keeper are currently investigating into these issues and putting in place new standards to ensure that this does not happen again, that all food is as advertised and all rooms are only to an excellent level of cleanliness for our guests.

I hope to see you again in the near future where we can successfully restore your faith with us here at Theobalds and ensure that you and your group have a much more enjoyable and comfortable stay.

With kind regards

Travelers are raving about these Cheshunt hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I got a discounted room on their website for £20 which was a bargain and looking at the photos on the site i thought id be stepping into a magical luxury hotel. The main house you see on the photos isnt where the hotel rooms are. You are stuck away in the horrible building that is really dated. the rooms where clean enough and the bed and pillow were super comfortable but that was it. The tree house looked awesome but that was closed.
If I had paid mnore than £20 I would have been really unhappy but for a discounted rate it was fine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mariaant
Dear Mariaant,

Thank you for your review you posted following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park.
I am so sorry to hear that you wasn't impressed with your stay and that we didn't meet your expectations. I seek to assure you that all of your comments have been passed onto our team and dealt with accordingly.

We have three areas in which our bedrooms are allocated, the bedrooms in the mansion house in the photos were unfortunately all in use due to a private function taking place in that specific area. We try to allocate all of our guests so that they stay comfortably with us and aren't disturbed by any other events taking place during their stay.

I thank you for your constructive comments regarding the decor in certain parts of the hotel, I do assure you these comments have been taken on board and we currently have an ongoing programme to upgrade the decor throughout the hotel.

I do hope that we see you again in the near future and have the pleasure of your company again where you can witness the changes being made and experience one of our Mansion House bedrooms.

Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

After a very traumatic day and a long drive we arrived at the hotel at around 9.00pm on Sunday evening Sophie, on reception seeing my wife a little upset immediately checked us in and showed us to our room. For one so young she showed great customer care awareness and professionalism for which I would like to thank her.

Just for this kind of service I would strongly recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lowena7
Dear Lowena7,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. I am sorry to hear you had such a traumatic day but delighted to hear that Sophie turned it around for you and was able to give you great customer care and shine with her professionalism.

Sophie is one of our rising stars on the De Vere graduate programme at Theobalds, I have shared your kind words with her and she is delighted to of helped you during your stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

birmingham
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband Daughter and our baby granddaughter and myself stayed at this lovely hotel 31st January2014.. We were attending a party in Cheshunt and were given this hotel as the closest. On arrival we were greeted so pleasantly, our rooms were warm, comfortable and large. The bathroom is a little dated but the shower was hot and the towels clean and plentiful. We had a meal in the bar area which was lovely, again staff were pleasant and welcoming.
Unfortunately we arrived back from our friends party and my 4month old granddaughter was feeling un well and we could not console her crying, we had a word with the night staff and they rung an ambulance for her. As we wait for the paramedic the staff were wonderful, they came to check how she was and brought us drinks and were so concerned. The paramedic was happy for us to try and comfort her and not take her to the hospital... Eventually she settled and was better this morning. The breakfast was lovely well cooked and plenty of it, good collection and again staff were lovely.
All in all we were thrilled, apart from the baby being poorly we had a great time, would defiantly stay again and would recommend to friends...
Thank you to the wonderful night staff, you were understanding and concerned.. Dale and Aaron...
Apologies to any guests who were disturbed by our baby, she is usually such a good baby, but she was so unwell. I hope your experience at this lovely hotel was not clouded.. Best wishes

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear MindyMitt,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind words following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. Your review was such a joy to read and a great reflection of the customer love and care we provide at Theobalds.

I’m delighted to hear that your granddaughter was soon feeling better and back on the mend. I have passed your kind comments on to both Aaron and Dayle whom were so happy to of helped with yours and your family’s needs during this time. I have also passed on your kind words to the rest of the staff whom were of service that evening and that helped made your stay so thrilling.

Thank you for your recommendation to your friends and family, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future and are glad to hear all is now well.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, ended up in one of the rooms in the stable complex, clean, tidy and comfy. Ate in the bar and the food was a good standard. Efficient staff at check in and in bar.

It was a freezing night and the room was quite cold when I arrived, turned up the radiator and then found another heater and was soon as snug as a bug in a rug.

The walk to the main complex would have been wonderful on a summers evening, and I plan to return in the summer to do just that.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Richard A,

Thank you kindly for your review following your recent stay with us at Theobalds Park.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a good stay and found all of our staff to be helpful and efficient; I have shared your kind words with all of our team.

The riding's is a lovely building to be placed in, especially in the summer time, the courtyard can be a great place to sit and have a few drinks on a summers evening. Please do let us know the next date of your arrival and we will be more than happy to make sure that you receive another room situated in the riding's.

London
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed here just before Christmas having got a room via one of their sales - well worth watching out for as the room was only £20.

The room itself was very well appointed - a lovely big bed, firm mattress but soft top, plenty of pillows and a lovely warm duvet. There was a desk, armchair and table, tea and coffee making facilities, dressing area, iron and board and an in-room safe.

Room service offers a fairly simple menu; burgers, pizzas, sandwiches and so on. We had a pizza with pulled pork on top which was delicious. There are tea and coffee freely available in the bar, along with packets of biscuits and fruit which is a very nice touch.

Breakfast is a reasonable price and the food was good, with plenty of choice. My only small complaint is that we had not know it would be possible to have breakfast delivered to our room which we would have preferred - we only found out room service breakfast was possible when we saw it being delivered to someone else's room on our way back from breakfast!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room starting in 5xx - I'm led to believe these rooms are better as they are in a...