“Stay at Theobalds”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cheshunt
London, United Kingdom
“Stay at Theobalds”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on a Saturday Evening, went for the £89 dinner, bed & breakfast deal which was pretty good value for money.

Overall, nice hotel in a nice location (just off the motorway).

Room & Bathroom was OK size, also nice and clean but the bed seemed pretty small for a double (could just be me).

Restaurant was OK we ate there for dinner & breakfast, both nice meals. The Evening menu was fairly limited but staff were attentive and polite. We sat to the left as you come in the restaurant the back wooden feature on the wall was covered in thick dust which wasn't ideal.

Asked how busy the Sunday was for check-ins as ideally would have liked an extra hour on the check out time, we were told it wasn't busy but there was a standard fee of £10 to do this?

Overall, nice stay but didn't exceed expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KevinBreeze, General Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear TomB
Thank you kindly for the review you posted following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. I am pleased that overall you had a good break and enjoyed your time with us. I am dissappointed that we failed to wow you whilst you were here and would very much welcome the opportunity to 'have another go' when you are next in the area.
Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Deepest Herts
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Pleasant location - comfortable room and clean. Too warm (as in most hotels) but able to open window which helps. Had two glasses of white wine: £5 per glass! Outrageous. EVening buffet meal completely flavourless - so thank goodness for cheese and rolls. No lift and unclear signage.
Toilet flushing broken on date of departure.
Adequate staff but not over-impressive.
All in all a feeling that this is a dated/tired hotel in need of some 'ooomph'!!! Could be great with more effort - good luck Theobalds!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
KevinBreeze, General Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear betjemanDeepest,
Thank you for the review you posted following yuor recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park.
I sorry to learn that certain aspects of your stay were not to your satisfaction and seek to assure you that we take all feedback seriously and your comments have been taken back to all concerned. Thank you.
I do hope you will not be deterred from returning to us in the near future
Kevin Breeze
weymouth
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked this for one night as I was attending a school reunion in Enfield the next day. It's conveniently situated just off the A10,and close to the M25. I did get a good discounted rate, possibly because Fridays are a quieter time for what is mainly a conference and wedding venue. I was in the old mansion (which my husband had attended when it was a school in the 50's) and this still retained most of the original character features. I was on the second floor, but a very pleasant member of the staff volunteered to carry the cases (for both myself and my friend) up the several flights of stairs.The room was pleasant, not big, but comfortable and clean. we had a bar meal in the evening, which was very good, and breakfast the following morning - which was comparable with other hotel breakfast buffets and all self service apart from the tea and coffee. I felt for what I had paid it was exceedingly good value for money and I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: There are ground/lower floor rooms available in the newer block if stairs are a problem, but in the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
KevinBreeze, General Manager at De Vere Theobalds Estate, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear WeymouthHall

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted following you recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your brief stay with us at the Ol' School and that my team were able to look after you so well.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with all concerned and awarded our Porter with a recognition prize for his efforts in your regard. Thank you

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in October. Check in was seamless and directed to the room which was located in Mansion House. Breakfast was very good and bar meals in the evening reasonably priced but excellent quality. Friendly and professional staff. Cheshunt train station is a short drive away with a large car park for getting into London. The bar can get noisy during the week - partly due to large staff groups attending the Tesco training academy in the grounds. Wifi can be problematic for mansion house rooms (no signal) and the tv signal cuts out all the time which can be annoying.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Mal104

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your brief visit and that my team were able to look after you so well. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with all concerned. Thank you.

I di sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the not too distant future.

Kildare
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This property has improved somewhat since my last visit. However, the breakfast buffet which has lots of choice was disappointing. It was lukewarm to cold! The room I had this time was in better condition and appeared to have been refitted. Sound insulation was average with sleep quality on this visit 7/10. If on business try to avoid the occasions where weddings take place. Staff, who are friendly, forgot to complete one simple request. For those interested in walking from the nearest train station (Turkey) it is a 25 min walk via the back gate. If the staff remember to open the gate for you! There is a charge for bills paid by credit card! Does this hotel chain live in the 21st Century?

Room Tip: Request rooms at the back of the property in the new phase of the buildings.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear FailteEire
Thank you for the review you posted following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park.

It is pleasing to read that we have been able to improve your experience this time around and I assure you we continue to seek to do so.

It is only with constructive feedback from our customers are we able to continually evolve and I thank you for your continued support.

I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future

maldon
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here on a one night deal the place was very nice ,location was beautiful the staff were very friendly are room was modern big and very clean.The restaurant was very modern food was good and fair prices but in a beautiful old house i would like to seen a old style restaurant like they have in their NEW PLACE HOTEL but we did enjoy it here this hotel is good for trips to london we went up the tower at hotel and you can see centre of London but i am not sure you should do this sorry,Yes we will come again

Room Tip: GO for rooms in new part of hotel on ground floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear maldonfox
Thank you kindly for the wonderful review you posted following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and that my team were able to look after you so well.

Guided tours up the Mansion Tower ???? Now there's a thought !! Thanks for the idea.

I sincerely hope we will see you again soon

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked the room during an offer so got the room only for 1 night at £ 20. For what we paid I was really impressed. The staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable. With the train station only 10 min away by cae its a great place to stay if visiting London.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Sammie1jo

Thank you kindly for the wonderful review you posted following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. I am delighted that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and that the team were able to look after you so well.
You are indeed correct our location just off the M25 makes it an ideal base for travelling into London.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with all concerned Thank you
I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again soon

Kevin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheshunt
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
#2 of 2 in Waltham Abbey
West Lodge Park Hotel

Been to De Vere Theobalds Estate? Share your experiences!