“Great place to stay.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coggeshall B&B and Inns
Stoke on Trent
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed here last night as a stopover on a business trip. I am a van driver & the room was booked by my boss - so I had no idea what to expect until I got there. I was pleasantly surprised by a very warm welcome from the lady who was looking after the bar (as this is a pub) and shown to my room. I had a single room which had everything you would need from a comfy bed, a large tv, a well stocked hospitality tray with tea, coffee, biscuits etc, to a hair dryer, iron & even an ironing board! I had use of a shared bathroom (my room wasnt en suite - but some are) which was next to my room. Like my bedroom, the bathroom was very clean with all toiletries provided. The ceiling to the shower cubicle is sloping, but Im 6'2" tall and I coped quite easily - again spotlessly clean! The pub serves a large selection of meals at reasonable prices, but unfortunately for me they are only served until 3pm on Tuesdays and I arrived at 4pm. Breakfast was included in the cost of the room, and again very nice. I would find it hard to fault The Kings Arms for the effort put in by the owners in terms of service, attention to detail, comfort, cleanliness and genorousity of extras not normally provided in many b&bs. I would definitely recommend it and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank stevevandriver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Having just stayed at 'The Kings Arms' what a fantastic experience. Greeted with a warm smile and shown to our family room. Decor was excellent with very comfortable beds. A large television with DVD player. A mini fridge, all the facilities you require. (Slept very well even though the B&B is situated on a main road. The pub area has got a very warm and cosy area with an open fireplace. (very friendly locals). The breakfast in the morning was one of the best breakfasts I have eaten and cooked to order. Plenty of cereal, fruit and toast on the go. The staff are very attentive and friendly. My wife and I will certainly be going back in the near future. Excellent!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Roger M
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

If the rooms are anything like the so called 'home cooked' food don't stay here! It is not very often I can't eat whats put in front of me but it was possibly the worst 'meal' I have ever had. My partner's meal was equally bad - a Kings special curry (not sure what meat it was) but it was clearly the left overs from Sunday lunch in gravy with some spice added (not what I'd call fresh home cooked food.) The home cooked food tag was also curious when we could hear the familiar ping of the microwave every few mintues until our meal was served. Unfortunatly we had paid for our food before it arrived but only had a few mouthfuls (we we're really hungry) then went elsewhere. Does not deliver the promises of good food cooked as fast as we can. Not nice at all!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!