“Great early evening meal”
Review of Seven Stars Inn

Seven Stars Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Shincliffe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We originally booked for 8 for my wife's birthday on Monday 4th feb. Very impressed with the politeness and efficiency. This increased to 13 and each time I called it was no trouble. We took advantage of the early evening deal (9.95 for starter, main and glass of wine/soft drink.). I was expecting small portions but was amazed when they came out as bigger than most good food pubs. Quality was excellent and couldn't fault the service from Joe, Amy and the other delightful waitress. Thoroughly recommend!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited the Seven Stars in late January 2013 with my wife whilst the snow was coming down and decided to have lunch here. Although I've been before with other family members for group meals and Sunday lunch this was the first time that I had been during the day and the first time for my wife.

The service has always been impeccable as the staff are friendly and approachable. We had a 2 course lunchtime special from the menu and the food was excellent. Freshly cooked, very tasty and great value for menu. Even though there weren't many diners that day (due to the weather) there was still a lovely atmosphere.

I will be going back again and can always recommend this to friends, family and other folks on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This our third visit whilst visiting Durham. We have never been disappointed. Last night, 4 of us had no complants whatsoever - the food was excellent and terrific value for money. The restaurant is beautifully maintained and charming. The yound lady who served us could not do enough to ensure we had everything we wanted. Wine exceptionally well priced. We are true "foodies" and fairly fussy - this is an excellent place to eat and we would not hesitate to recommend it. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We enjoyed a super family lunch. The fish and chips, steak and deserts were excellent. Thank you. My parents, who live nearby, will be back.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

As regulars to the Seven Stars we knew the food on Christmas Day would be good ...and we weren't disappointed! Food and service excellent so much so that hard to please in laws stated "faultless". Well done to Noreen and her team.