The Seven Stars is a lovely roadside inn just 5 minutes drive out of Durham city centre. It is situated on a regular bus route (55/56/57 Arriva North East) which costs £1.20 single currently.
The pub is in a lovely old building and is a bit of a maze. The rooms are beautifully decorated and are all ensuite. We paid £65 per room per night for bed and breakfast, which was considerably better value for money than many of the pricy alternatives in the city centre. Each room had a TV and tea/coffee making facilities, and the usual bathroom toiletries were also provided.
The pub serves a selection of well-kept real ales and has been awarded the Cask Marque. There is also a nice restaurant with a good range of home cooked food on offer. The breakfast was excellent, all freshly cooked by the friendly cook, with local 'herby' sausages, decent eggs, black pudding etc.
All in all, a place I would thoroughly recommend when staying in Durham!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seven Stars Inn is a English country Inn with restaurant located in the picturesque village of Shincliffe, only one and a half miles from the centre of Durham City and Durham University. Originally a coaching Inn dating back to 1724 the Seven Stars Inn is now a friendly, family run restaurant and Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, LateRooms and HRS so you can book your Seven Stars Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Stars Inn
- Seven Stars Hotel Shincliffe
- Seven Stars Inn Shincliffe, County Durham