“My favourite resturant”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Evershot
Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
“My favourite resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Always a pleasure to have lunch here, surrounding and garden is amazing and well kept and the hotel is very special. Amazing food always with a great selection to choose from and wonderful staff that cater to all your needs, can't wait to come back.

Stayed June 2014
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear justkeef, it is lofty praise indeed to see that we are your favourite restaurant and I am very grateful to you for taking the time to post this review. I am also delighted to know that you cannot wait to come back and hope it will not be too long before that happens. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed at the Summer Lodge for three nights in June. The setting was wonderful, the staff was extremely pleasant and professional, and the food was excellent. The stay was so nice I am running out of adjectives to describe how pleasant our stay was.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Hugh S, thank you so much for this very kind review of your stay at Summer Lodge. It is wonderfully rewarding for everyone here to read something like "...I am running out of adjectives to describe how nice our stay was." My team and I hope it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

We regularly stay at one of the red carnation hotels in London, however we decided to try Summer Lodge as it is near to us. We booked in with our 2 labradors and immediately fell in love with the entire place.
The same excellent service from all the staff at the hotel and wonderful surroundings made it a really fantastic stay.

The food was amazing and we both really enjoyed our dinner so much so we intend to return with family and friends so they too can experience the Red Carnation Experience

Other hoteliers could do with following the lead from this excellent group whose service is the key word.

Room Tip: Calm and peaceful place
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Evershot1, General Manager at Summer Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear nilemp, it is lofty praise indeed to be thought of in this way and my team and I are absolutely delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for posting this review. We look forward very much to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel with you friends and family. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was invited for a lunch and what a wonderful hotel - can't wait to stay for a break. The staff so polite, the hotel so elegant and luxurious and the gardens a delight. The food was delicious and one of the best meals I have had in a long time - I wasn't paying so no idea about prices .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Fiona C, I am delighted to see that you felt that your meal was one of the best you have had in a long time. Thank you very much for taking the time to post this lovely review. I also hope it will not be too long before you return to stay. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had the most amazing time at Summer Lodge over two nights and three days. Staff were courteous, kind and knowledgable. They took every trouble to help organise myself and the groom to get ready for his big day. And I mean every trouble from polishing shoes to folding shirts. The staff at Summer Lodge are exceptional and nothing is too much. There is even a button on the phone that says "whatever whenever"

One of the highlights was the grooms family dinner on Friday evening, where we were served an extraordinary selection of delicious wines. These were introduced by the sommelier who was wonderful, knowledgeable but not snobby. Wine is not normally such a feature in my life but the team at Summer Lodge made it fun and interesting, even for a novice like me.

Thank you Charles and team, and I hope that I can come and stay with you again soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear willismuir, it is so kind of you to post this kind review of your visit to Summer Lodge and I am delighted to see how enjoyable you found it to be. It was a great pleasure having you as our guests and like you, I hope you can come and stay with us again soon. Sincerely, Charles General Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been lucky enough to return to Summer Lodge following a family celebration there last August. We spent two nights there at the end of May with our 4 year old son. I cannot recommend SL enough, my husband who had never been was completely taken aback by the attentiveness, professionalism and attention to detail that SL offers. The food is amazing, the setting and gardens are beautiful and the room was comfortable and clean. I stayed in the cottages last time and these would be my preference if and hopefully when we return. I had concerns about bringing a 4 year old to such a fabulous 5 star venue however my concerns were short lived - the staff were really great with him as were all the other customers and the head chef even cooked him his favourite meal one evening to keep him happy!

I will be bringing my family back to Summer Lodge as it is in my opinion one of the best places to stay in the UK.

Room Tip: We did have some issues with a family across the corridor slamming doors at night between their two...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank lucie w
Dear lucie w, thank you very much for this lovely review of your visit to Summer Lodge. I cannot tell you how rewarding it is for us to read that you think we are one of the best places to stay in the UK. It is particularly satisfying to know that you felt completely comfortable staying with your four year old son. We hope it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back for your third visit. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.
Ryde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

What a lovely house this is. Although there were only 4 diners for lunch when we went the experience was not diminished . The service was exemplary and I 'm sure it would have been as good had the staff had more of us to attend to. The set lunch menu gives a choice of 4 for each course. We had different dishes - Dorset lamb and Cornish gurnard and both were very tasty and beautifully prepared. Starters and desserts were similarly impressive. The set lunch is not expensive when you consider the service and surroundings. After lunch we took a stroll around the gardens and had a lovely informative talk with the head gardener. The staff are obviously all happy working is this exquisite environment. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tricia C
Dear Tricia C, thank you so much, on behalf of my team, for going to the trouble of posting this kind review of your lunch at Summer Lodge. It gives us all such great pleasure to read the feedback we receive. Now that you have discovered us, we hope you will visit time and again. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evershot
Dower House Hotel
BEST WESTERN Dorset Oborne the Grange Hotel
Haddon House Hotel
Haddon House Hotel
#1 of 10 in Bridport

Been to Summer Lodge? Share your experiences!