“A big thumbs up from me!”

Restaurant at Summer Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Evershot
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visited in March for a birthday dinner; from arrival the service is impeccable and the surroundings warming. Our dinner was absolutely fantastic; one of the best meals I've ever had and although I didnt enjoy the wine journey to accompany this I can tell you that my Fiance very much did (sleeping in the car on the way home gave it away!). Absolutely go here if you get the opportunity it's superb and the Somelier was one of the best I've seen in action!

Evershot1, General Manager at Restaurant at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Emma H, we are all so happy to see how much you and Mr H enjoyed your meal at Summer Lodge and we are very grateful for your kind review. Emanuel is delighted to see you rate him as one of the best sommeliers you have seen in action. We hope it will not be too long before we can welcome you back. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It is hard to fault anything at the Summer Lodge! Set in a beautiful and tranquil part of Dorset, the hotel and restaurant are run to very high standards. The service and cuisine are excellent and you will not be disappointed. A delightful place to spend a few hours or days relaxing and enjoying good, interesting food. Highly recommended!

Dear Victor_Delta, thank you so much for your very kind review of your meal at Summer Lodge. To be considered 'the best restaurant in Dorset' is lofty praise indeed. Hopefully, you will continue to visit us time and again. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel is situated in a very quiet village and is exceptionally
well run by really professional and friendly people.
No dislikes, except possibly that it might be difficult to get a meal
Late at night.

Evershot1, General Manager at Restaurant at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear 566DRB566, thank you so much for your very kind review of Summer Lodge. I am delighted to see you found us "exceptionally well run by really professional and friendly people" and hope it will not be too long before we can welcome you back. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have eaten at Summer Lodge before over the years, although not that often as it's all rather special and only for ocassions. Everytime has been a real treat and an experience. A few years ago I got my parents some vouchers for Christmas having stayed there for my wife's fortieth birthday. They had the tasting menu as part of their stay and said it was one of the most memorable meals they have ever experienced and they've travelled a fair bit over the years. They returned the favour with a voucher last Christmas and with the proviso we had the tasting menu! We were not disappointed. Yes, you could choose your own wine from the excellent wine list but we went for the selection of six wines to accompany the seven courses and while it's not cheap, it was certainly an expereince you will remember. The finest fine wine and the most devine food. Exquisite combinations. Our meal was finished off with coffee in the lounge and I would suggest trying the taster of the 5, 10 and 15 year old Somerset Brandy for your digestif. We stayed at the Acorn Hotel round the corner (partly because we have an unruly brown and white collie, although they do accept dogs at Summer Lodge), which is run by the same company, Carnation Hotels. I have submitted a separate review on the Inn. A very pleasurable weekend indeed and simply excellent service throughout. The full Summer Lodge indulgence is well worth doing at least once in your lifetime. Just relax and enjoy it! My last piece of advice would be to leave the kids at home!

Evershot1, General Manager at Restaurant at Summer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear SimonLloyd_13, my team and I are very grateful for your kind review of Summer Lodge Restaurant. I am so happy to see that your parents enjoyed their visit and that you were also very happy with your stay at The Acorn Inn. Because you do not live too far away from us, we hope it will not be too long before you visit us again. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Not only is the hotel superb, with cosy lounges, but breakfast and dinner in the restaurant is a real treat.

The staff are attentive, friendly but not intrusive, a perfect combination. Then the food itself is beautifully served and closing with an amazing cheese trolley, featuring over £1,000 of mainly local and delicious cheese.

A must visit place.

Dear nicolindos, thank you so much for your very kind review of Summer Lodge Restaurant. We take great pride and even more pleasure in what we do and it is so gratifying to see it manifested in comments like yours. Sincerely, Charles, General Manager.