“Mrs florio ”
Review of Bay Hotel Restaurant - CLOSED

Bay Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The hotel is laready listed but no separate listings yet for the restaurnat which is open to the public
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here overnight, have nothing but good to say about this place, they couldn't do enough for us, it was clean and comfortable , the staff very friendly and helpful. The food was very good too. Would definitely go back there.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

Food and service were ok, nothing to rave about but was ok.
Food slightly off the mark. I had goats cheese and beetroot tartlets with new potatoes and salad. Very tasty but really beetroot in vinegar in the tartlets ??
Raspberry brulee for both me and the hubby. Not sure they were the same pudding ? Mine was more raspberry and strawberry mixed with cream and burnt suger sprinkled on top ? Not bad to eat but not quite as expected.
The person who served us was chatty and pleasant.
Probably would not make the effort to return here.

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We had read mixed reviews for this hotel but were pleasantly surprised with our room. It was a little tired but was otherwise bright, airy and clean, with a high ceiling that made a very humid night much more bearable. The staff were all courteous, helpful and hardworking.

It is quirky, so you'll either love it or hate it. We loved it.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

We found our dining experience, which included my partner and our friend, somewhat quirky.

We were greeting warmly by a very friendly waiter who was doubling as barman. He told us that this was his first night on. The menu seemed quite extensive and reasonably priced. I started with a mozzarella and tomato salad, my partner had a portion of mussels and our friend had a chicken liver parfait, which arrived without any salad. These were all acceptable although a little bland. I followed with mussels and chips and my companions had lamb shank with mashed potato. My chips arrived very late (I was half way through the course) and there were no vegetables. The mussels appeared to be a little over done. The chef did appear and apologised for the lateness of the chips - the frier I think had been turned off accidentally. Drinks ( I had beer) were fine.

I paid for the drinks separately and our friend paid for the food. There was a problem with his bill which took some time to sort out.

The is, a little oddly, a viparium in the reception area of the hotel and I was introduced to the resident bearded dragon. I did say 'quirky'!

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I came here for lunch on our way home from a week in Torquay.
I had the most amazing steak and ale pie and my wife had a beautifully cooked roast chicken dinner. Very reasonably priced and all homemade. Pudding was the icing on the cake! Would heartily recommend their food - well worth a visit!