“A SEAFOOD GEM”

Crab Shack on the beach
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Teignmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family of commercial fisherman with two working fishing boats. The Crab Shack is a small restaurant on the back beach in Teignmouth where we serve fresh seafood.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Decided to visit the crab shack after a long period of time but had to reserve well in advance owing to the size of the building (as the name implies) As fish lovers we appreciated what was on the menu.......but went for the vegetarian option.....the food and service was very good and the price reasonable for the location

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Absolutely fantastic food and service . Amazing experience.
Make sure you book well in advance to avoid disappointment .

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary on 13th July at the Crab Shack. The food was delicious, the service and friendly attitude of the staff great. There was a shortage of Oysters, but the chef added extras to the platters. We were given two sticks of rock and pink champagne from the staff in view of our special day, which was simply lovely.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Along with the Owl and the Pussycat one of Teignmouths 2 finest dining experiences. As the name suggests the crab is fresh from their own boat . You cannot get better seafood than this. Oh and the rum, figs and cream desert: wow!

1  Thank Brayingadventures
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to go after reading good reviews and visiting their website, I rang up wanting to book 2 tables for 2 families at a lunch time any day/ time they told me I couldn't book the two tables and we would not get the same time, lady was very unaccomodating and said it was their policy! I didn't see it on the website from my I phone. Why have kids menus if you don't want families? What a disapoinment we are local and would have def gone a few times had they been more flexible.

6  Thank jeffoholidays
Amanda S, Owner at Crab Shack on the beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

I am sorry that you were disappointed that you couldn't get a table with us at the Crab Shack ... however, as my Manager pointed out to you, we cannot take any reservations that are above 8 people. We have a very, very small kitchen and in order to keep the quality and standards of our food we can only manage 8 main course meals to leave our kitchen at a time. I understand you wanted to book a table for 10 people and tried to reserve two tables of five. We have done this before, but we can only make the reservations with a time difference between each (again, due to the fact that only 8 main courses can be prepared in our small kitchen at any one time) ... We do, of course have many families visit us and we love to have families and children in the Crab Shack. Sorry you felt you had to write a review and you didn't understand our policies at the time.
Amanda Simmonds