“Dated but charming like the old Lyons tea house”
Review of Pickwick Restaurant - CLOSED

Pickwick Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Newquay
“Dated but charming like the old Lyons tea house”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for a sandwich and a hot chocolate . Good service and fresh food with very pleasant staff. Not cheap but what you would expect on a sea front. Lots of pensioners in for a two course deal but hey it was out if season so that's to be expected. Overall ok

• Visited September 2013

Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Refused a cream tea as they said they were too bloody busy.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

On the Saturday just gone, my friend Tom and I went into the Pickwick Restaurant. I had an orange juice at first while Tom settled for a cream tea. Later on during my visit, I asked for a cream tea, and the lady serving me at the time said that she wasn't going to serve me as "apparently they were too busy in the kitchen".As I'm sure many of you would agree, this is totally unacceptable. I, myself, work in a cafe and there, we never refuse customers what they wanted even when they're "too" busy in the kitchen, unless of course, we didn't have what they wanted at the time, in which case that is a shame, but we will find an alternative. Not only is this bad service on the Pickwick's part, but this is also like a total up yours to all the rest of the customers who come in at around the same time, asking for food or drinks etc... and this is bang out of order. If the lady had turned round and said they were fresh out of cream teas, then that's fine. I would understand! It's disappointing, but that's life but no, she said she wouldn't serve me because they were too busy in the kitchen. What a convenient excuse!!!!!I find this very rude and quite selfish I shall never be going into that crappy place again!

1 Thank Angus211
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Not One Nice Thing to say”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We love Teignmouth and ventured there again to find some food. Unfortunately our favourite eatery was closed that night so we tried this place. I really wish we hadn't.

The size of the portions were small. I paid £7.99 for a chicken curry which in my opinion was a child size amount. I asked for half rice and chips. The rice was stuck together and was only about a tablespoon sized amount. The chips appeared to play "hide and seek" as there were so few of them. And as for the curry. Not only was it tasteless, but there appeared to be more water in the curry than in my hotel's swimming pool.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“lovely surprise”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We couldnt find anywhere to eat, everywhere seemed to be shut on a Sunday but we had a lovely time, lovely staff, and the food
was delicious, especially the sweets. Glad we couldnt find anywhere to eat, This was a most unexpected treat.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Busy but efficient”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Good food relatively good service (very busy so not as quick as probably normal), I had home made Chilli and my husband a lamb dinner which we both enjoyed.

Visited August 2013