“Love this place!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The food is delish, service is fantastic, massive YUM. Try to go here as often as we can....the fillet steak is the BEST...cuts like butter and super tasty...mmm must book to again now!

3  Thank myvoice-myopinion
There are newer reviews for Fresco

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Finally I got to go to Freso and I was not at all disappointed! The food was divine! My partner and I shared bread with oil and balsamic to start, very nice and it was the best balsamic vinegar both of us have ever had. For the main, my boyfriend had chicken in marsala wine sauce, it was lovely (I stole a bite!). And I had one of the specials, which was the most beautiful smoked duck, with celeriac puree and parsnip crisps - oh my goodness it was just heavenly. Absolutely delicious. Puddings, I had panna cotta and my boyfriend had the hazelnut meringue, both were lovely! Staff were very friendly and welcoming, it felt like coming to an old friend's house, even though I'd never been before. Inside has a lovely, warm, calm atmosphere, very relaxing. I cannot wait to go back!!

1  Thank JensyDevon
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was introduced to Fresco in Teignmouth several years ago, but recently i have had three visits and each have been very impressive. Quality of food, service and ambience are outstanding. I have always enjoyed Italian food, but in the UK ive found it hard to find a good quality outlet - until now that is. Had a meal with three friends on 31/5/13 and was again impressed all round. The land lady is a delight, her memory is amazing as she calls out all the special items. If Italian is your calling, then pay a visit.

1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit Teignmouth for our 1st wedding anniversary (I was a bachelor for 60 yars and then got married) and during a stroll through the town centre we stumbled upon this restaurant. Alas we could not get a table for our actual anniversary date (we went to Naz, a nearby Indian restaurant instead) but we did get a table for Sunday evening. Welcome was very warm and Cherry, the co-owner, was friendly and knowledgeable. The wine list is very good but certainly not over-priced. The specials need to be listened to as there are almost as many dishes as appear on the main menu! Both my starter and main course were from the specials and my scallops, served in their shells and topped with breadcrumbs were succulent and sweet and my baked plaice (partially stuffed) was superb. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her starter and her main course of chicken breast in a Marsala sauce was the best she's ever had. Vegetables were fresh, hot and plentiful. All items are freshly cooked by Head Chef Marco and an assistant right down to freshly prepared sauces for each order. Presentation is absolutely faultless. Perhaps because we were celebrating our anniversary we decided to have a half-bottle of the dessert wine with our desserts (as of the date of posting this review it is not the wine listed on Fresco's website) which turned out to be absolutely gorgeous! The dessert was excellent too!! When Cherry was advised that it was our anniversary by her assistant my wife was given a flat piece of stone decorated with a beach scene painted by an artist who only lives a couple of streets from the restaurant with a "Happy Anniversary" tag attached which I thought was a nice gesture. A word of advice - this is a fairly small restaurant and it seems it is hugely popular and hence advance booking is essential. I can't wait to visit Teignmouth again and I will certainly be making an advance booking. This is a "must go" restaurant. Another word of advice - although neither my wife nor I had pizzas we saw some being taken to other diners - have a big appetite because they are huge!!!

2  Thank DeltaPapa
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends for the second year in a row and the food and service was as good if not better then before. The specials are well worth exploring.

1  Thank David W