“A Great Stay, Nice Big Garden and Fantastic Views”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Gwenda N
“Let down by small but important details ”
Reviewed December 20, 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We booked this cottage to celebrate a family birthday. At first we were all really pleased and impressed with the cottage. On arrival it was spotlessly clean, warm and the welcome pack was a pleasant surprise. We were pleased to find everything we needed. The wifi is super fast and the extra fridge in the utility room was really useful for the party food and drink.
The rooms worked well for our party and we were all initially pleased with our rooms. I had booked the cottage so I got the main double room with ensuite. The shower was excellent and I had no issues. Unfortunately as the days progressed it became apparent the the rest of my family weren't as comfortable. The showers in the annexe and family bathrooms were difficult to use and not powerful enough. After the second night we were all sharing the power showers in the ensuite bathrooms. Then I found out that the bunk room was always cold and that there was no hot water in the family bathroom. This was disappointing to hear because I'd booked the cottage and felt responsible.
The games room turned out to be a shed in the garden that was doubling up as storage for the summer furniture. It wasn't very welcoming with deck chairs stacked up against the wall and bean bags filling up the floor space.
We were surprised to find cannabis posters and a bong in the games room and an adult themed game in the sitting room. Our children were too young to understand and we made light of it but started to question whether we were in a 'family' rental after all
I brought my dog and as instructed I went round the garden to clean up all my dogs mess. I was upset to find that the garden was littered with dog mess in various sizes and stages of decay. It was apparent that precious guests had not followed the instructions and even worse that no one was inspecting and ensuring it was clean in between rentals.
Overall this is a great cottage in a great location but let down by minor details

Management Response
Apr 2, 2017
I'm sorry that you had a few issues and I have been to check the property myself. The non family friendly items have been removed and we will make sure the gardens are inspected in future. One person's shed is another persons summer house- yes it is a wooden building but has big windows and fabulous views and is very clearly pictured on the details so I feel you do know what you are getting. The outside chairs are stacked inside in one corner but the bean bags are there to make it a great place for younger people to hang out and normally seen in a positive light.
I suspect none of these things would have mattered too much or even been mentioned if not for the major issues with hot water & heating in the annex. If I had any hair I'd be tearing it out at this point as the immersion is controlled by a switch on the wall near the utility door which had been turned off and the storage heaters not set to come on. We have people on 24 hour call out and we have invested in a 24 hour switchboard to ensure that the phone is always answered by a person as we understand how important it is that things are right. In this case a 30 second phone call would have got the problems fixed immediately. Again I'm really sorry that some things fell short but can I urge everybody reading this whether renting from us or any agency to let them know if something is wrong. There actually wasn't a problem here but if there had been an issue the next guests would have had the same experience if it's something we wouldn't spot at changeover.
We really want our guests to have a great time.

Simon Tolson
Managing Director
Geoff B
“A Great Stay, Nice Big Garden and Fantastic Views”
Reviewed August 23, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

A lovely cottage for a large group, very comfortable and clean. The garden is great. The views are fantastic.
The beach is just a 5 minute walk away and there's plenty to visit nearby.
The welcome pack was a nice touch and the box of beach towels was so very handy.
In the end we just wished we'd stayed longer!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: The fridge didn't really work. A real gas or induction stove would have been a bit easier.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Aug 25, 2016
Thanks Geoff, we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back at the house again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing