“Lovely carvery roast, friendly service”
Review of Harbour Inn

Harbour Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Porthleven B&B and Inns
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely carvery roast, friendly service”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited the harbour inn for a carvery on a busy Sunday. The staff were very friendly & helpful nothing was too much trouble. I had roast beef,I was given lots of beef, there was a wide selection of vegetables & it tasted amazing. Will be returning again

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Hayle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Have not stayed here but have to comment on the fantastic Sunday Carvery. This was our 2nd visit and we found it to be excellent quality - one of the best around. Great choice of fresh vegetables, yorkshire puddings and choice of meats - veggie gravy option too. Perfect and great value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Enjoying a girls night out in the Harbour Inn I found myself to be very hungry! When I realised it was 8.45pm & the restaurant shut at 9.00pm I decided to order sonething small & easy (didn't want to annoy staff). Much to my surprise they were very happy to cook want ever I wanted off the menu! I eat out in London several times a week at top restaurants but the sirloin steak & chips that I was served was amazing! I ordered a medium steak & it was medium...it beat any London restaurant hands down :) The quality & presentation I will not forget & will definately be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had a friend stay for the weekend and we at the Harbour Inn, stunning rooms, clean, stylish and accommodating staff. Happy to help. Rooms spacious, great views. Had delicious late supper, well cooked , great tasting and plenty of choice

Room Tip: Speak to the staff, all rooms were great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barbara S
Hayle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I met some friends at the Harbour Inn for a meal last Friday evening. The staff were very good, and kept the evening flowing along nicely without being in our face. We all really enjoyed our various meals and of course the puddings!!. We were all very pleased with the evening and all agreed that we would go again. A couple of us have visited before and new the standard of the food and care, but for a couple of newcomers, the experience was great and they said they would be taking their families along as the menu was varied and of good value. Well done to all at The Harbour Inn. See you again soon!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shirley E
falmouth, UK
Reviewed March 10, 2014

my partner and I stayed for one night on valentines night. on arrival we were greeted by the landlord who escorted us to our beautiful room, which was modern, spacious and spotless. cracking atmosphere in the pub and breakfast was fab. we will definitely be back in the summer for another break and would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank nikkia23
Gunnislake, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We dined in your restaurant two days on the trot. Both times there were staff standing around gossiping and rather loudly I must say so. I watched nearly 4 members of staff standing round doing nothing nearly the whole time we were there. If you have time to stand around doing nothing then you have plenty of time to be doing so cleaning!!!

Secondly the food, although the portion sizes were very generous I was not happy to receive a fish pie with had not fish in it. Plenty of prawns but no fish and the mash on top was runny and where there was mash raw and lumpy. The second day I ordered scampi. When it arrived it was over cooked. I never said anything as I'm not one to complain I was disappointed.

As a family we decided that we weren't going to go back during the week we were staying as overall we weren't thrilled with the pub.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthleven
Mullion Cove Hotel
#3 of 3 in Helston
Old Success Inn
Old Success Inn
#1 of 1 in Sennen Cove

Been to Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!