“Cake fit for the birds”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Cake fit for the birds”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Popped into the square on Mothering Sunday at 11:30 for a coffee. Was greeted by a waitress, asked the waitress if we could have coffee who questioned us in an abrupt manner with" well how long are you gonna be as we're fully booked for Mother's Day lunch so you have to be out of here by 12:15". I said to my husband lets just go but her persuaded me to have a quick coffee. My husband ordered da piece of lemon cake which had been put in the microwave (not sure why) it was so dry & was like rubber. The whole time the waitress kept glaring over. I was going to book for my birthday in a few weeks but if that's the standard of service & food will not be returning

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Sasharosa

London, United Kingdom
“A gem!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Lovely little restaurant, great food, reasonably priced, staff lovely...what more could you ask for. Try the ginger cake with pear for desert, delicious!

Visited March 2014
Helston, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal and very friendly service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My daughter and I ate here last night on the spur of the moment and the staff were very accommodating in finding us a table even though I didn't phone until late afternoon. On arrival we were given a warm welcome and shown to a table with a nice view of the harbour. The menu was very appealing with plenty of choice. We dedicated to take of advantage of the "two courses for £15" offer. We both had the French onion soup to start. It was delicious with a lovely cheesy crouton and served with two generous slices of very tasty bread. For main we had Slow cooked pork belly with hogs pudding, bubble and squeak, cauliflower purée and roasted cauliflower. The presentation was excellent and It was absolutely delicious ! We were very full once finished but the desserts sounded lovely so , after a little break, we decided to share one. We had an amaretto and vanilla creme brûlée served with autumn fruits and a salted almond ice cream. It was lovely, a perfect combination of flavours. Service throughout was efficient and very friendly and we will definitely visit here again.

• Visited March 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Four of us went for dinner. Nice clean venue with friendly helpful staff. Two of us shared bread and olive oil one had prawn cocktail and the other starter was smoked mackerel pate. For main courses we had two fish stews,duck and pork belly all very tasty and fair sized portions. Finished with cheese and creme brûlée . The restaurant was fairly busy but the staff worked well together .
Would definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2014
“Lunch time treat”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My self and my other half have been trying to get a table here for months but there always fully booked which must be a good thing. We chanced it one afternoon and managed to get a table! We were not disappointed. Food was lovely, service brilliant. For an evening booking plenty in advance is must.