“Relaxed Easy dining especially with Children”
Review of Kota Kai

Kota Kai
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Porthleven
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kota Kai occupies the whole of the top floor of Celtic House and has unbeatable views across Porthleven harbour and beyond. Almost every table in the restaurant benefits from these views as the tables run alongside the many windows at the front of the building.The food is simpler than at Kota (our big sister restaurant), but all great quality using local ingredients and there is a fantastic variety of dishes including oysters, mussels, steak, burger and Asian dishes. We also have a selection of 'mini Kai', i.e. small plates such as salt & pepper squid, beef carpaccio, ham & cheese croquettes and mini fishcakes.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Wow such a great place if you have children as there is a skittle alley and toys the children can go and play with while you relax and enjoy your meal. Our food was delicious and they were very helpful as I cannot eat dairy. It's a must.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I don't normally write many restaurant reviews, but as Porthleven is my home town, and Kota Kai is the best place to eat there by light years I'll make an exception. I remember visiting the building it's in as a kid when my dad's friend had a carpentry unit there on the Harbour Head.

It's been transformed into a light bright informal seaside shack-style restaurant I would spend every spare hour in if I still lived there. Lounge area with perfect harbour views, great food, good wine list and fast wifi. I just love the tasty subtle curries they rustle up there which linger memorably on the palate, but don't miss the fish and chips too. These are chefs who know what they're doing.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

What a lovely place - family friendly and good food, you don't get that very often! Children's menu was good - not just deep fried food with chips. I had the mussels to start - lovely, my husband had the salt and pepper squid - also pretty good. We then had the roast dinner and it was the best roast dinner we had ever had in a restaurant! Would highly recommend Kota Kai!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I went her for lunch with my mum and a friend and we had a lovely lunch. The place is clean and fresh and there is free wifi! I had a delicious smoothly and mussels and fries which was really tasty and my mum had a chicken curry which was amazing. The portions were a good size but we still made room for deserts. You don't feel crammed in as the tables are spread out and you can have a view of the harbour. The staff were polite and efficient and when an elderly lady had a fall they were on hand very calmly, and it didn't create a disturbance at all. I would love to go back in an evening and see what it is like. I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Love the mini Kai to start especially the salt n pepper squid and the mussels are so tasty , and have to say the alcohol free versions of the cocktails are great when you are driving ! Will be back again soon