“Cozy pub with good food”
Review of Ship Inn

Ship Inn
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Porthleven
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ate at the Ship Inn on a couple of occasions during our holiday in Cornwall and found the food to be very good and reasonably priced. I had the steak and ale pie which was full of steak and had a decent pastry crust. My wife had crab, pea and prawn risotto which was very good. On the other visit for lunch, we had a cheese sandwich and a crab sandwich. The crab sandwich was crammed with crab and, at just £7.50, was very good value. There is a good selection of beer in the cosy bar which does get busy but there is seating outsife as well overlooking the harbour.
Would recommend for good value food.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

After coming to the ship for the last 5 years and having gorgeous food we were sooo disappointed this time I'm afraid . Menu changed my favourite food ribs and ghosts cheese bruschetta is off the menu ,my partners steak was stringy my mussels were ok but the sauce lacked body . Just generally disappointed .

ShipInn_Manager, Manager at Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the new menu, it is a work in progress. All ingredients on the new menu are now sourced locally and we are in the process of obtaining locally sourced ribs. We hope to see you again thanks for the feedback which has been passed to the kitchen.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

When we were charged for another tables drinks, they were less then helpful or apologetic!! They were adamant we had had them, even though none of us were drinking!! Never going back there, and we're locals!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lovely traditional pub with food, lots of different seating areas inside and out, good menu although a little expensive. Tables were dirty and service a little slow but they were REALLY busy. LOTS of things sold out on the menu so you may want to check availability BEFORE you decide, to avoid disappointment. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have to stop in here when ever I'm down this way, excellent spot and a lovely pint! I hear the new owners are bringing back proper pub food at proper pub prices, can't wait, It's going to be like British pubs of old before they were all bought by the chains. HURRY UP!!!