“The best Sunday Roast!!”
Review of Harbour Inn

Harbour Inn
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Porthleven
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Harbour Inn, Porthleven, is a lively pub situated on the harbour serving fantastic food all year round using fresh local produce. The decor is a comfortable blend of old and new, creating an atmosphere which is relaxed, informal and individual. The en-suite hotel style bedrooms are cosy and inviting, blending comfort with character, some enjoy sea views over the harbour. Located, on the Lizard Peninsula (near Helston) with its beautiful beaches, historic harbour and quaint narrow streets of fishermen's homes is the ideal location from which to explore historic Cornwall.
Helford, United Kingdom
“The best Sunday Roast!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We go to Harbour inn quiet often.It is a great place,very helpful staff and Sunday roast there is the best roast in Cornwall.Honestly.Good selection of veg (dauphinoise poatoes are my favourite)fantastic mash and meat just melts in your mouth!! I did try the burger on a friday evening,which was very average,so I really think sundays are your best bet.Just one little moan- I really wish they would give a fresh milk with coffee not that horrid uht stuff.I always end up having a black coffee instead.

• Visited January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dublin, Ireland
“I visit every year”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is my favourite Inn of all time. I love the atmosphere in the Harbour Inn, not only the atmosphere, but the staff. The head bar lady (her name has left my mind ) she is blond.
She is the nicest and most helpful person I have met.

The Food is absolutely goreous, you can eat inside or outside alongside the harbour. You
will have guessed by now I love this place. I have been visiting Porthleven since 1983 usually
as a Spring or Autumn two week break, but have on many years spend a week in high summer.

I have no hesitation in recommending Harbour Inn, the staff and Porthleven. This year I intend
booking their accommodation have until now rented a holiday home because of family size, but
had our food at the Inn.

Hope you find this info. helpful, good luck and enjoy your holiday.

• Visited August 2012
“Worst meal.and staff”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Recently had a meal at the harbour. Always been a favourable top off. Was dissapointed with food quality. Even for a pub.the staff were unknowagable of menus aswell as drinks. The locals language was appauling considering my two young children were only feet away and nothing was done by anyso called managers or staff. Overall extreamly dissapoining and would not reccomend to anyone with children or any standard of food or drink knowledge

3 Thank capmanner
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“what a warm welcome”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

During a two week holiday in Porthleven, we visited The Harbour Inn almost every day.

We had the Sunday carvery, which was tremendous - definitely book a table as it is very popular with locals as well as visitors.

We also ate several evening meals and every time the food was cooked and presented perfectly.

The staff too are amazing. So friendly. They were very attentive without being annoying. We also enjoyed a laugh and joke with them and are looking forward to our return next year.

Several parties were being catered too but, as the pub is quite large, there was always room for us and the staff easily coped with us all.

• Visited December 2012
helston
“had a lunch time drink with a friend the service was ok the atmaspher was comfortable and welcoming was nice to be able”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

nice to be able to sit outside over looking the harbour and prices were average we did not eat that day but the menue was varried and prices looked ok

Visited May 2012