“Curry Night”
Review of Blue Haze Restaurant - CLOSED

Blue Haze Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great little seafood restaurant in Porthleven. We went because Trip Advisor review of nearby Kota restaurant said Blue Haze was better. Now find can't give it a review as Blue Haze not listed with you! Please consider adding it. Thanks.
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

First impressions ARE ALWAYS the president for the rest of your experience... They have a revolving sweet display fridge. Need I say more. Average curry at an unreasonable price. They could be so much more than this. They need to up their game asap with all the competition in the port these days. Front of house staff rock though.!!

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Everytime we come to cornwall we make a trip here. I remember years ago when it was a fishermans cafe on the harbour front. Now its a nicely decorated restaurant with the most excellent seafood dishes all local together with local meats like steak and venison. Reasonably priced for reasonable food and portions but when you consider that the food is not just reasonable its actually exceptional then the prices are good for what you get. Lobster is a speciality. Perhaps the best restaurant in Cornwall.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We both ordered from the varied set menu and enjoyed our choice.
The atmosphere was friendly with harbour views.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

As locals we have tried most and we are fortunate that Porthleven is blessed with so many. To some extent The Blue Haze suffers from its position but the food just keeps on getting better as to value the early offer , at present £17.50 is really good value. I like my steaks well done and I am aware this goes down like a lead balloon in many restaurants where all the chef really wants to do is show it the pan . I have to say mine was done to perfection ( as was others in our group) in fact the whole meal was brilliant, with quality service and enough care without being intrusive. I realise by recommending it it may ultimately be detrimental to our getting a table in the future but it really does deserve the praise. I think we all want value for money and here you`ll get it! D&J Porthleven

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We went here on a Tuesday evening in September. We had the last table of four and that was at 7.00pm. A very varied menu, along with a set menu with choices. We opted for the set menu, good choices of starter main and dessert. I would recommend the squid, but also the soup, spring roll were equally as good. For mains the duo of fish, lovely and fresh, the steak and the fish curry as nice. Lovely little restaurant. Would recommend and I hope to return some day.