“A breather from the madness”

Ada Palas Buyukada Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Buyukada
Reviewed July 16, 2014

What a joy to write about a truly wonderful Turkish Hotel experience. We discovered this small jewel of a hotel on trip adviser. It rates very well indeed. We wanted to escape from the craziness of Istanbul for a night and what better place to relax and reconfigure. We were greeted by owner and restore Salli who immediately took us to the garden and poured us a cool beer and explained the island and his unique hotel. The hotel is just away from the water and has recently been restored and refurbished as a hotel from it's previous life as a primary school and then an official residence. The detail in the restoration is extraordinary and the luxurious rooms have every modern convenience imaginable. The 2 soft pillows one me over immediately. The restaurant is charming and the food delicious. There is no menu. We were served the ubiquitous mezze plate, a delicious cheese, noodle soup followed by fresh BBQ'ed fish. The shiraz was superb. The next day we rented a bike and rode to a small beach. There are no cars on the island so be prepared to walk, ride or hire a taxi style horse and cart. We loved it so much we stayed another night. Thank you Salli and your very hospitable staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
onur k, Yönetici at Ada Palas Buyukada Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2015

Dear Guest,

your interest in our Hotel and for your kind comments on you personally and on behalf of my team, I would like to say thank you.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Friendly and kind staff, beatifull garden, good wi-fi. The breakfast was served fast and delicious. The best toddler and child-friendly boutique hotel in the island, you and your children will love this Hotel.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are in ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
onur k, Yönetici at Ada Palas Buyukada Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your best wishes..

It was big honour to meet with you..

Best Regards..

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We've felt like we were in a hidden paradise at the lovely garden later on we decided to move this hotel and enjoyed the room a lot. Service, care, ambiance and the delicious food were totally fabulous. Manager on Duty Onur has done a great job with his all efforts and personal touchs. We will definitely visit this romantic spot again. Gorgeous indeed.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlperTanrikulu

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Very friendly and kind staff
Good design and Clean rooms
Great turkish reakfast in a lovely garden
3 minutes to the pier and center locations

A little bit more expensive compared to the overall but worth it

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank thisisamie

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was there with my boyfriend. The rooms are very clean, spacious and modern as well as makes you feel the late Ottoman style. There were no problems about the wi-fi, which is perfect.

The stuff was extremely helpful. The breakfast was served beautifully in a backyard in combination of nice lounge music.

I have been a lot of places around Europe and US but this was the best hotel that I have ever stayed.

Strictly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Atmosphere, rooms, service, food all excellent. The owners have done a wonderful job restoring this old wooden house which is well over 100 years old. The renovations have blended traditional with modern in superb fashion. The family who run the hotel are very friendly and keen to help. The breakfasts are magnificent, and we also had one evening meal which was also outstanding. The island itself is a great place to visit........a haven of tranquility yet so close to Istanbul. We rented bikes the first day and bought a picnic and had a lovely ride round the island. Only downside was it was very hard to get down to the sea.

Room Tip: If you are put in the basement, ask for an upgrade to "superior."
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 22, 2014

It was a real romantic experience! They have perfect rooms and furnitures decorated in 1900's original mansion concept blended with highest technologies such as touch-operated lights control and big screen led tv. After the dinner, having a romantic drink in the real cosy atmosphere of the garden is undefinably beautiful. There was not any nonexisting thing in the breakfast. I dont know the other hotels in the island but for sure this hotel would be the best for a romantic escape. Many thanks to the owner and perfect staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple