Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Mustafapasa B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is very nice! On a biking trip in August, I stayed at this beautiful old Greek house in Mustafapasa and found it to be charming. The rooms are nice, well maintained without having lost its old charm. The staff was overly accommodating, professional and very nice!

The breakfast and supper was the best I've had in Cappadocia! This hotel takes you back in time without loosing the comfort and modern amenities. Have a glass of wine on the front balcony or on the side patio and you’ll agree!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We made a day trip to Mustafapasa and discovered this beautiful old greek house, which not only has a very nice restaurant, but also quite comfortable and large hotel rooms (they are modern, with TV and everything, despite the name of the hotel). When we arrived, the owner welcomed us and told us interesting details about the history of his family and this house, which belonged to Greek people earlier. We had the chance to visit the rooms upstairs. It was something very special - a real beauty of a house! Because the hosts were so friendly and because the place looked so nice, we decided to come back in the evening for dinner. The food (we ordered a huge assortement of Mezze) was delicous, the athmosphere romantic and special. We can recommend this place for dinner - and after getting a glimpse of the hotel rooms, we can also recommend to stay there. Mustafapasa is a very quiet village and good for peace and quiet and for experiencing Turkish culture and village life. A rental car is a must here, however.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed in the Old Greek House on a Rick Steves tour and was thrilled to find this charming hotel. I was in Turkey for two weeks and stayed in seven different hotels all over the country, but this is the hotel I will return to. The gracious staff, delicious food, and rural charm are only a few reasons to check out this incredible spot. I stayed in Mustafapaşa for three nights, but it would have been the perfect place to stay a week or two. Located in the heart of Cappadocia with fairy chimneys and visually stunning rock formations there are plenty of perfect day trips. Mustafapaşa is the perfect place to get an authentic slice of rural life in Turkey. During the three days of our visit, there was a local wedding and a circumcision ceremony both of which we got to experience. The food was delicious; there was stuffed zucchini, meatballs, tomato and cucumber salad, an amazing barbecue, and much more. My room was large: one room with a full size bed and an adjoining room with two twin beds which was perfect to share. There is wifi, and an outdoor patio/balcony that is perfect for warm summer evenings. The staff at Old Greek House is incredibly helpful and welcoming. They hosted local musicians and traditional dancers one night and we ready and able to assist in any way. I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a much dated review as I was there three years ago. My wife and I were participants of a Rick Steves tour through Turkey which stayed at the Old Greek House. We stayed here three nights. Our room was upstairs just off the banquet room. The room was enchanting with tall, tall ceilings, plush turkish carpets, and furnishings. The room was the most beautiful I had ever stayed in and very comfortable. I fell in love with the atmosphere, the wonderful owners, and their assistants. The food was marvelous. I hope to someday stay there again.

Room Tip: Any would be fine. Please not that the question when did you travel is erroneous, that was the late...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at Old Greek House in Sept 2012. Loved it! Loved the architecture, especially from the interior and the patios. Our room was quite luxurious by Turkish standards. It was very large, with two sections: a sleeping area and a separate sitting/lounging area. Wonderful old wood floors. Very pleasant lighting. There was a desk for my laptop. The bed was very large and awesomely comfortable, with warm puffy blanket and comforter and good pillows. Our room was in the back of the building. The windows on the back side overlooked a vegetable garden where fresh produce is harvested for the restaurant. Uber groovy! The bathroom was again quite luxurious.
When we return to Cappadocia with our (now adult) kids, we hope to book rooms at the Old Greek House again.
The food and wine in the restaurant was excellent, although it seemed a bit pricy to me.

Room Tip: I wish I could remember the name of our room! It was on the 2nd floor in the back overlooking the ga...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything about our experience here was perfect. My dad and I were traveling together and arrived in Kayseri late an uncle picked us up at the airport. When we arrived the hotel the whole family greeted us. They provided an excellent meal and conversation with the father. We felt like part of the family. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. All of the meals were delicious traditional Turkish meals prepared by the mother. We ate on the upstairs terrace for breakfast and in the inside courtyard. One of the cousins asked if we would like music, we said yes and he sat with us, played his Saz and sang beautifully. The town was a quiet traditional town. We look a lovely hike nearby and were able to see the rock formations and cave homes that Cappadocia is famous for. You may also want to rent a car (they can help you with this if you like) if you want to tour the larger surrounding area such as Goreme Open Air Museum and Pigeon Valley which I recommend. I really hated to leave.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in the Old Greek House for 3 days, ground floor room. The staff are wonderfully helpful, and Papa dropped by to chat and give us the history of the place. Mom's meals were superb, beginning with a great breakfast and finishing in the evening with the best rice pudding I have had.
Wifi is spotty in places but that is the only negative. Loved the upper deck and free use of the clothesline ! All in all a great place.

Room Tip: Top rooms are quieter if the restaurant is busy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mustafapasa
Cappadocia Estates Hotel
#4 of 10 in Mustafapasa
Osiana Hotel
Osiana Hotel
#5 of 10 in Mustafapasa

Been to Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel? Share your experiences!