“Perfect!”

Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Mustafapasa B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything about our experience here was perfect. My dad and I were traveling together and arrived in Kayseri late an uncle picked us up at the airport. When we arrived the hotel the whole family greeted us. They provided an excellent meal and conversation with the father. We felt like part of the family. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. All of the meals were delicious traditional Turkish meals prepared by the mother. We ate on the upstairs terrace for breakfast and in the inside courtyard. One of the cousins asked if we would like music, we said yes and he sat with us, played his Saz and sang beautifully. The town was a quiet traditional town. We look a lovely hike nearby and were able to see the rock formations and cave homes that Cappadocia is famous for. You may also want to rent a car (they can help you with this if you like) if you want to tour the larger surrounding area such as Goreme Open Air Museum and Pigeon Valley which I recommend. I really hated to leave.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in the Old Greek House for 3 days, ground floor room. The staff are wonderfully helpful, and Papa dropped by to chat and give us the history of the place. Mom's meals were superb, beginning with a great breakfast and finishing in the evening with the best rice pudding I have had.
Wifi is spotty in places but that is the only negative. Loved the upper deck and free use of the clothesline ! All in all a great place.

Room Tip: Top rooms are quieter if the restaurant is busy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Old Greek House for 3 nights with a Rick Steves tour. Our room was just off the inside courtyard that houses the restaurant area. The barrel-vaulted stone ceiling of the room was awesome.

The peaceful village of Mustafapasa with its' 1,500 population was such a treat after bustling Istanbul and Ankara. Small restaurants and wonderful small shops with friendly owners. Tourist-oriented, but not touristy. Convenient to all the sights in Cappadocia.

This would be the perfect place to spend at least a week.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roger H
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed here with a Rick Steves' Tour in mid May and were swept off our feet from the moment we entered to the moment we left. The setting is idyllic, unpretentious yet fit for the stars. Our room was on the first floor off of the lobby and spacious with a large adjoining bathroom. Beds very comfortable. Our first meal upstairs was scrumptious with homemade falafel, a lamb stew and other delicious sides. The breakfasts were AMAZING with the most memorable being the rose water jam/jelly. The second night we enjoyed live music and my only sadness is that it didn't last longer. I'm not much of a dancer but even I was wooed to the dance floor by the intoxicating music. One of the young men who works there, Edrem I believe his name is, was so sweet to talk with my friend Danielle and I on the first night. He put up with our attempts to speak in Turkish and, admittedly, we swooned a bit over his handsome features, made sweeter by his demeanor. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Sweet sweet memories.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm here right now and the service, view and food are fantastic! I highly recommend a visit here! I tried the stuffed grape leaves and they were delicious! I sat on the rooftop and listened to the birds and the call to prayer.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We loved this hotel for its charm and location. It's a fantastic historic building with several rooms looking out over their vegetable garden. It's just gorgeous and the details in design go on and on.

We stayed here with a group, so got to see almost all of the rooms... they are each different, but all quite roomy. There are pretty terraces and it's just a maze of charm. The beds were quite comfy to boot!

Location is perfect, as it is out of the center of the tiny town, with no real road past it, so very quiet. You can walk into town in just a couple of minutes.

Negatives for us were the teeny-tiny bathroom... had to shuffle in and out around the door if 2 of us tried to use it. Unlike others posting here, we did not find the staff to be particularly smiling or friendly. Breakfast offered no eggs and very little protein. (yogurt and one cheese.) Also-- I know it's Turkey and most drink tea in the morning-- but this is a tourist place-- would have liked real coffee instead of instant.

Still-- would stay here again in a moment! A very special spot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was my favorite hotel during a month long visit to Turkey. It is a beautiful old building with arches, tile work, stairways to rooftop verandas and incredible views. Each room is unique, rustic, and charming. It is blissfully quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food was excellent, and one evening we were provided with a performance by local musicians--we all joined in the singing and dancing. It is a very special place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mustafapasa
Cappadocia Estates Hotel
#4 of 10 in Mustafapasa
Osiana Hotel
Osiana Hotel
#5 of 10 in Mustafapasa

Been to Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel? Share your experiences!