All reviews front desk lake view bar and restaurant in december nice hotel free breakfast no big deal rooms overlooking small town stayed for nights comfortable beds no air conditioning free parking balcony ferry switzerland highway
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Our family of seven stayed in 2 rooms on the upper floor for one night while passing through town. The view of Lake Lucerne and the Alps from the window was magnificent (although I would have loved to have a window that didn't start at chest level, to better see it when not standing right next to the window.) I think some rooms had balconies, but ours did not (I believe we had 406 & 407). The rooms were clean, but small by American standards (but that has been typical for all of my hotel stays in Switzerland). Our stay included a free breakfast buffet which was very good, and we also ate dinner in their restaurant. Their menu was full of local wild meats (not something I care for) but exciting for my husband who is an avid hunter, and nice local wines. I would certainly recommend this place to friends, and from the decorations and furnishings outside, it was quite evident that it would be a fun and happening place to stay in the summer time.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Always stop on lake Luzern en route home from Italy. Amazing lake view rooms with balcony, rooms modern, if a tad Spartan, bit all you need for a stop over. Plenty parking, excellent restaurant, helpful and friendly staff, ample breakfast. A bit pricey but worth it for the view, gardens and terraces. Less than 5 mins from motorway and easily found. Yet another place for our list

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2018

This hotel was quite the surprise from my other stays in Switzerland. The front desk was welcoming and spoke English. The room was exactly how I booked, with 2 separated twin beds requested, a rarity I found out with Swiss hotels. The lake view rooms with balcony offered gorgeous views of the lake. Plenty of free parking in front and rear of hotel. The restaurant in the lobby served delicious food and simple continental breakfast. No AC in the room but a fan can be requested from the front desk. It’s in a quiet residential neighborhood off highway A2. It’s very close to the exit for visiting mount titlus.

Room Tip: Rooms with lake view are worth the splurge! There are no mini fridges, but a tea kettle and 2 bottles of water are provided by the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a night on our drive from UK to Tuscany. Location amazing - right on Lake Lucerne with beautiful views. Free parking outside hotel. Rooms comfy and clean, with great power showers. Staff really friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the restaurant - very tasty, locally sourced food. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in hotel Seerausch in December 2017, and were pleased with the then excellent service.
Since we were traveling to Ancona to take the ferry to Greece, it made sense for us to stay here again. However, the tone seemed very different. A not very friendly girl gave us the key for a much less pleasant room than in December, although the hotel was definitely not fully booked. We asked for a better room facing the lake, but the girl was borderline rude and not helpful at all.
It’s proven again that a smile and a friendly tone make all the difference to the customers.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple