“Not for the English”

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Santa Susanna
Durham, United Kingdom
“Not for the English”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

The deal was really good value for money, however the variety of food for evening meal was poor, no entertainment for the kids or English, was all geared for the Germans, who are rude and loud. The staff were non English speaking and had no customer service skills and never smiled or interacted. All inclusive is not all inclusive at this hotel, overall it was a chore when you asked for anything.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I just got back from staying in this fantastic hotel in Santa Susanna and we could have not had better luck. The temperature was almost 85degrees, amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful (I wish I could speak Spanish like they speak English) and my kids had a great time with all of them. So sad to be going back to work now our vacation is over... I truly recommend it to everyone!!!

1 Thank LesMathers86
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed at the Mercury two weeks ago because I had to attend the Alimentaria fair in Barcelona. Me and everyone I was with found it very enjoyable and its surroundings are wonderful. Lots of small towns with Mediterranean restaurants even better than the ones in the city (check the Peixateria, in Calella with fresh market fish everyday). I would sure go back for pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank TanyaBetourney
Basildon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a week at this hotel.. our room was great views breathtaking. But my concerns are the food... Not enough choice for children.. and rabbit ? octopus ? Salad leftovers recycled later on. I have a shellfish allergy and found a stray prawn in my tuna salad.
My children didn't have much to eat as they got bored of fish fingers.
One of my children fell Ill and with medical insurance was told at reception 2 am that I would have to pay 100 euros before anyone would even come out to my child. Left me scared and without any options. Not impressed at receptionists attitude on that.

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was traveling around Europe this March with my wife and two daughters and we chose this place when we stopped in Barcelona. It is outside the city near the beach which is what we wanted to be more relaxed and the experience was awesome. The views of the sea are great and the atmosphere is very child friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Billy L
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

This february I stayed at the Mercury with my coworkers during the Barcelona Congress. It only takes a nice train ride to get to Plaza Catalunya. It was a much more affordable option to the hotels in the city center and the service could not have been better. I would definately go back for vacation with my family this summer if I can, the beaches in front of it looked amazing even though it was still a bit chilly to go! I sure recommend it to anyone willing to visit Spain.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank John M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

went here begining of may last year with family and really enjoyed it, hotel was nice and clean staff didnt speak much english but we got by fine they were freindly enough also, food was really lovely we were all inclusive and always plenty of good things too eat, would definatly recommend ths hotel and would go again .

Room Tip: the rooms faceing the pool are the best as you get beautifull veiw of the beach rite across the stre...