We stayed at the H Top Royal Sun Suites from the 30/092012 for seven nights on all inclusive we went with our friends Des and Mandy, the hotel looks very modern, and we were given a nice suite, two bedrooms one double and one twin lounge sofa bed/ kitchen,bathroom with overhead shower(very powerful) only thing missing a kettle,if we knew therooms were this big we could have shared, we had rooms 210 and 310 they had nice long balconys overlooking the the space below ( which looked like it needs a pool or seating area as the only seats are at the front of the hotel next to the road and is not ideal they soon got filled up!)and a sea peep between the hotels at the front of us of which one of them plays the same loud music every night.
Our only complaint with the rooms was the beds were pretty hard.
The small pool was on the roof seven floors up and the pool bar closed on Friday 5th oct end of season the reason yet it was averaging 27c we were not amused so you had to go down seven floors to the main bar just for a drink!
The main thing that lets the hotel down is the food, breakfast was probably the best thing fried eggs every other day, the rest of the meals were very bland and by the amount of waste that is thrown away you would think the hotel knew there was a problem!
We ate out the last two nights once in Barcelona ill come to that in a bit and once at the Drunken Duck a nice pub just around the corner we took a Birthday cake there( bought from carfour big supermarket five mins walk) for Mandy's Birthday they gave us a great night special thanks to our host Jordan who runs the sister pub the drunken Duckling where we watched the footy, the food was great fantastic mixed grill!
Santa Susana is on the main rail line to Barcelona so we went for a day trip on the friday we got a combined ticket for the eurobus which gives you tours on a open top bus with comentry you can hop on and off as you please but you wont do it all in one day Barcelona is a vast place with so many things to see, cost us 24 euros each well worth it we had a meal in Trobador great steak and salmon many thanks ( just outside station third stop in bacelonna)
Overall we had a good holiday and Santa Susana is a nice resort with other local resort Magret just 20 mins walk away, and the train will take you to Blaines and all the other costa resorts the flight was just under 2 hours and transfer of 45 mins but i would look for a better hotel next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star-superior H•TOP Royal Sun Suites hotel is located in the peaceful tourist village of Santa Susanna in Costa del Maresme-Barcelona. It is perfect for singles, couples and small or big families. The spacious 106-room H•TOP Royal Sun Suites offer plenty of fun activities and relaxation comforts for adults and children. It is situated 70 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 30 Km from Girona Airport. Santa Susanna is a family tourist destination with an impressive long sand beach and a selection of shops, bars and restaurants. Santa Susanna sits between the popular beach villages of Calella & Lloret de Mar, with an easy access by train to Barcelona city center. FACILITIES Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc) • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pools ( one for adults and one for children; unsupervised pools ) • Sun terraces Children • Miniclub • Baby cots and chairs Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Currency exchange • Car hire* • Fax & copy service • Medical service (external service) • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes (in each room)* • Wi-Fi* • TV plasma • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles * • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your HTOP Royal Sun Suites Superior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h Top Royal Sun Hotel Santa Susana
- Htop Santa Susanna Susana
- Htop Santa Susanna Hotel Susana