1,555 results
All reviews beach bar lovely hotel fleetway travel bar staff half price sea view branded drinks wet room bottle of cava spa area plenty of choice relaxing holiday cooked fresh train station lovely balcony steam room great shower
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2016

First rate hotel at a bargain price, what more could you wish for!
I read Trip Advisor exhaustively before booking and was delighted that the hotel surpassed expectations. 7th floor facing the beach, is worth the supplement. Balcony a great size. Everything immaculate everywhere. 5 star service, nothing too much trouble. Greeted on arrival with a glass of fizz is a great way to start a holiday! We were very late arrivals, the kind staff had left us meat and cheese platters on our balcony! The spa, small but perfectly formed and amazing that it was free! The food was delicious and we are foodies! Barcelona and Girona, easy to visit by train, the station is a 10 min walk, but we didn't get that far. The live guitarist in the beach bar was excellent and it was a really cool space. We went to an amazing Michelin restaurant called Freu, in Lloret de Mar. We visited, in a hire car, a lovely resort called Tossa de Mar. La Roca Outlet Village was excellent for top of the range brands, discount card, on arrival, for tourists. Al in all will re-visti!

Room tip: 7th floor great views over the beach and quiet rooms with good balconies
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
JoaquimGratovil, Director Hotel at ALEGRIA Mar Mediterrania, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Dear briget g

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about FERGUS Style Mar Mediterrania here on TripAdvisor.

We were really glad to note how much you enjoyed your stay here with us, Our kind staff and the small details make the difference and we are so happy we have surpassed our expectations.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

The room is spacious, clean and modern. The cleaners do a good job of cleaning it everyday.

There are various foods on offer. All of the restaurant staff are attentive and polite. More than happy to top up your drinks. Especially Andrey (I think this his name). Who was on top form every night.

The all inclusive offers a wide selection of foods and drinks. I would definitely recommend this.

The receptionist staff too have been more than helpful.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
JoaquimGratovil, Director Hotel at ALEGRIA Mar Mediterrania, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Dear dandg7

We look forward to having you back

Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

So we happened to stumble across this hotel after our previous booking had to be changed. I am so glad we did as I have just enjoyed the most relaxing week ever.

Hotel: Modern and clean, the decor is well thought out. Right next to the beach and also a short walk over the bridge to the main shops etc.
Pool/poolside & terrace: Yes the pool isn't heated but once your in its actually very refreshing after sunbathing all day. Plenty of sunbeds for everyone and if your on the terrace then you have your own comfortable beds and poster beds!
Food: I have a lot of food allergies and in the UK find it increasingly hard to eat out, here on the other hand everything is labelled and if your unsure there has either been a chef or member of staff to help, the food selection has been amazing, everything is presented beautifully and tastes amazing. Even if your a fussy eater there is something for everyone! So I disagree with the comments on here regarding it not being nice because it was truly beautiful.
Spa/gym: So you get 1 hour free a day, more than enough time to enjoy the facilities no complains from us, Gave us a nice break away to unwind and relax. Lockers can be provided, Just reserve your time at reception. We didn't use the gym but it had exercise mats, a cross trainer and 2 bikes, in the whole week I didn't see 1 person use it, so wouldn't see why that amount of equipment is being frowned upon.
Rooms: The best night sleep I've ever had in a hotel. The bed is so comfortable and large. The rooms are clean and very spacious, a fridge is provided which comes in handy if you want cold water and to buy your own food to keep in there, if your a hot drink addict then bring a travel kettle but the bar provides everything and you can obviously have them with your meals.
Staff: Well where do I begin!! They work incredibly hard to please you, all of them and I mean all of them have been so wonderful I will actually miss them! They make you feel welcome, are very easy to talk to and after the reviews on here regarding some members of staff we have found them all to have been a delight. It might have just been us but they also can be little comedians! They've made our stay fun and easy. Thank you so much for making our stay a memorable one! The hotel should be proud to have you all as their staff. A few names to pick out:Jordi, Alejandro, Monika, Marmadue, Andreu but all the staff have been amazing.
It was also my 30th Birthday whilst we were here, the chefs kindly made me a beautiful cake and the staff set out banners in our room, that made a nice little touch to my stay, not to mention the free bottle of champagne we had from the hotel Manager (thank you again)
Laura our rep has worked incredibly hard to help our stay a pleasant one. Yes a few times I've had to wait for a drink, and it is 1 drink per person but looking back the staff were rushed of their feet!
Entertainment: This has been awfully painful and a highlight. So entertainment isn't every night but I do recommend sticking around on a Sunday night as the singer/guitarist (apologies I can't remember his name) was not only amazing to listen to but also got the whole room involved with ding song requests and karaoke if we wished. The flamenco dancing was awful and after getting told to shh by the act (people were enjoying talking it is after all their holiday) didn't go down well in the room.
Point's to pick out: Yes you do have to pay a €10 deposit for your wrist bands but you get that back when you checkout.
Yes you have to pay tourist tax but it worked at roughly €7 per person for a week. (Our travel agent forgot to inform us of that so just a heads up as it ate into our holiday fund)
Yes you have to pay for sun loungers on the beach but I didn't bother.
Overall personally my stay has been wonderful, I'm sad to be home and wished we had been able to stay longer.
Thank you to everyone at the hotel for such a wonderful fun time. I look forward to coming back very soon.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear SparklesPalmer

Thank you for sharing your good comments on TripAdvisor following your stay in FERGUS Style Mar Mediterrania.

As a general manager, I am very glad to hear that our dedicated team exceeded your expectations in terms of service experience.I am also so glad to hear you have had the best relaxing week ever.

We will be very happy to have you back, you will be very welcome

Reviewed May 26, 2016

fantastic place!!!!! any1 who moans or complains bout the small things need to get a life, this was our 2nd visit and im ready to book for 3rd year in a row. staff and hotel are best in region, if you want a adult only relaxing holiday this is place for you.

Room tip: any room ending in 10
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mandy H

Dear manymark

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your second stay at FERGUS Style Mar Mediterrania here on TripAdvisor.

We were really glad to note how much you enjoyed your stay here with us, and how well you have defined our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon next year

Reviewed May 26, 2016

Returned yesterday from a week at the Mar Mediterrania with my other half, booked for a celebration of my birthday and our anniversary. Well what can I say? We had an absolutely amazing week at this hotel.

Check in was straightforward- all fees were explained including catalonian tax, all inclusive wristband deposit, beach towel deposit and safe deposit, and we were given a glass of bubbly on arrival. The hotel looked smart, clean and very modern.

We were given room 611 which had THE best view of the beach/sea. The room was clean and spacious. The shower was an amazing waterfall type shower and was very powerful, and complementary toiletries including shampoo, shower gel and razors were available.

After packing we went down to lunch, and were amazed at the choice of foods available including fresh fish, meat, vegetables and yummy desserts!! Tried something new everyday and it was fantastic. Only gripe with the food is that some things were often a little salty but other than that no complaints.

The drinks on offer at this hotel were great, including cocktails, spirits, wines and champagne, with some premium brands available at a subsidised cost. The pina colada was a particular favourite!

Entertainment was minimal, with live music on a thursday and tuesday night, and flamenco on a saturday night, however this suited us as there was lots of other things going off in santa susanna itself, including a night time market every night and street entertainers.

Made use of the spa on two cloudy days- consists of a swimming pool, sauna and steam room. A lovely addition! Massages and beauty treatments were also available at an extra cost.

Had previously read reviews on here about bad staff, we honestly could not fault the staff. On the first day we came back from a walk to find a bottle of champagne and a birthday cake in the room with a message saying happy birthday. Was not expecting anything like that! Reception staff were always happy to help and staff in the bar would always have a smile on their face. Pool/table service for drinks at all times.

Overall, would 100% recommend this hotel to couples and groups of friends looking for a relaxing holiday or as a base to explore the local area. We particularly enjoyed the land train that took us up around the mountains of santa susanna, as well as the boat trip that went to tossa de mar. Never had any problems with getting a sun bed although people did put their towels on early which you get anywhere.

We are already looking at booking another Fergus hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a room higher up and for a good view go for rooms ending in 10/11. Avoid first floor as same floor as bar and can get very noisy.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emily S

Dear Emily S

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are very happy to learn that you had an amazing experience with us, and I would like to particularly thank you for your kind words towards all of our colleagues.

We look forward to having you back at FERGUS Style Mar Mediterrania