“Impressive Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Santa Susanna
Durham, United Kingdom
“Impressive Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Tahiti Playa in April. I had originally booked in at the Monteplaya in Malgrat as I had stayed there previously. Unfortunately the Monteplaya was undergoing refurbishment so I was given an upgrade and ended up at the Tahiti Playa.

I have to say I was really impressed with the hotel. It was situated literally overlooking the beach with a really impressive pool with loads of sun beds. Inside the hotel was spacious and very well laid out. The staff were very pleasant,courteous and were happy to assist whenever they could.

My room was very nice, clean and up to date with a lovely sea view. The facilities were good. I had access to a safe and a safety deposit box. I also purchased one of the mini drinks packages in order to guarantee use of the fridge for the week. It only cost me 4 euros and for that I received two bottles of water, three cans of fizzy drinks and of course use of the fridge.

There was happy hour every day at 5.30 p.m. which included beers and selected cocktails, all of which were excellent and value for money. I found the price of the cocktails quite reasonable anyway and the bar was both comfortable and pleasant.

If I have a gripe at all about this hotel it was that the food, particularly on an evening, was not always as hot as it could have been. The dining room/restaurant was very large and well laid out. The meals were hot and cold buffet style but as I say we had to make use of the microwaves strategically located at either end of the dining area to heat up some of the food which was neither good nor acceptable.

The quality of the food however was excellent, it was very tasty and there was plenty of choice. I particularly enjoyed the breakfasts as I like a full English when I am away. Given the fact that it was April and not peak season there was no long waiting or queues for food however this may become a problem if you are there in peak season.

The lift was a novelty, it was on the outside of the building and made completely out of glass so if you took a ride up to the top floor you could see for miles.

There was entertainment on each evening in the bar downstairs. I was looking forward to the Flamenco dancers but unfortunately as it was out of season they didn't materialize.

Given the location of the hotel and its close proximity to the beach the coach had difficulty turning around when we got there. As a consequence when it was time to leave we had to transport our own cases through an underpass and up onto the main roadside. This was not very far and I found it more an inconvenience than a major problem, however the older members of our party did struggle a little.

Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes absolutely - the benefits far outweighed any small irritations. For me the location of the Hotel and the cleanliness and high spec was of particular importance and Santa Susanna itself is a lovely little resort with everything you need close at hand.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are nice but I would choose a sea view over this every time!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Lynne2408

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have just came back this afternoon from the tahiti hotel. Me and my partner went for a 3day break we got a really good deal. When we arrived we were greeted by the receptionist who quickly gave us our key to our room. Didn't ask if we wanted a safe and didn't explain where you went for dinner ect.... Went to our room and were where meant to be in a seaview room. When we went in the room was so dark you always had to put a light on and when we went on the balcony there was another hotel facing our balcony, you had to stick your head out of the the balcony and look to the left and then you seen the sea, to me that is not a seaview room. I went to reception and explained about what we had booked and what we had been given and the lady said that some websites don't advertise that they are meant to be like that! She said if we wanted to stay again next time we should look for the pool view rooms. I thought I would let people know as it did annoy us and we had been looking forward to it for ages. Suppose that's what can happen when you get such a good deal.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Farrellv
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Arrived early Friday Morning, we had booked 3 rooms, 2 were ready and 1 wasnt far off, not a problem, wasnt expecting any ready to be honest. Dropped bags got changed and was out and about straight away.

Hotel is immaculate, all the public rooms look to have new furniture, the staff were smartly dressed, all smiling and very pleasant.

The food was plentiful, show cooking every night, salads etc, everything you could want.

The rooms were lovely very clean, with flat screen TV's but who goes on holiday to watch TV.

Hotel was on the beach.

If travelling independently, you can fly to Girona and get a taxi, approx E60.00 or to Barcelona, catch a train for E4.70 get off at Santa Susannah (you may have to change) exit station to the right walk down the road for about 10-15 mins go under subway (train lines) and hotel is there in front of you.

The resort is lovely too, quite upmarket looking.

We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

me an my partner went for 4 days returning 6th of april we paid £548.00 half board 4 both of us!! It was out of season so it was very quiet but just what we wanted a chilled couple of days no kids etc. Upon arrival we were greeted in a pleasant manner an told as we had missed our eve meal we could have lunch 4free the next day which i tght was a nice offer,we went to our room which was spotless as was the rest of the hotel it was also nicely decorated with lots of seating areas if u wanted 2 jus relax.the food was pleasant cant say i went hungary i always put something together an im kinda fussy an always a fair selection.location wise its perfect you are slap bang on sand 100meters 2the so so if you go in season im sure it will b a beautiful place 2stay i would defo go bck 100%

• Stayed May 2012
Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed with 2 children and the pool area was the highlight of their holiday. Location on he beach is great.
Pros - wonderful staff in kids club. Quality and choice of food for adults and children, even at peak season never too long to wait for a table, lovely restaurant staff. Entertainment nightly was good.
Cons - not enough sun loungers and daily early morning race to get them. Room is small for 4 people but we were not in it too often. Wifi was expensive. Pool bar staff and food not up to same standard as restaurant.
Glad we stayed here as Santa Suzanna is very hotel based and not too many stand alone restaurants or bars. But as food in hotel was so good we did not need to go elsewhere. Mini market in hotel reasonable and another across road has good deli, so we got nice snacks at lunchtime.
Kids play area on the beach just down from the hotel was good value and kept the kids entertained. Restaurant just beside this is also worth a try.
You can walk to train station, we got it into Barcelona for a day trip, lovely day out.
We got a great deal for this half board break and was good value. With young children I would recommend it for a value break.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Claire U
Kiev
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

First of all the room that the hotel gave us was with a view to the sea. This made me very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is actually on the beach so you don't need to walk to the beach a lot which is another big plus. I liked the breakfast. We had a big choice what to eat, but most of the things for dinner were sea food and this was not so ok with me but anyway..I enjoyed our vacation there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marina9876
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Situated right on the beach front. Very clean rooms - only problem is the rooms were far too small, hardly any space to store luggage. We went half board - the food was quite bland and they basically recycled the same dishes day in day out but what else did we expect? At 550 euros incl. flights for 7 days it still surpassed our expectations. Compared with the other hotels on the strip, this one really had a much classier, upmarket feel and much more privacy. We had a pool and beach view from our balcony which everyone does not get. The air con worked fine.
The pool area was slightly cramped, as in the sun loungers were all stacked pretty compactly but I'm more of a sea person so that didn't affect me much.
There is a lower ground bar which was pretty neat. Shout out to Miguel who worked there, he was such a lovely friendly bar tender!
Prices were extremely cheap - I got a Margherita pizza from the hotel restaurant for 5 euros which really was a bargain. And it tasted good!
10min walk from train station, 1 hour train ride to the centre of Barcelona. Also, 1 min walk from club "Tropicana" which was basically the only decent place to go partying.
Much more a family orientated than young people orientated resort, which wasn't great for us but the nightly shows they did (acrobatics, dancers, dog shows etc and lots more) were perfect for kids.

Room Tip: Request a room with pool and sea view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends