“Good value for money”

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Santa Susanna
London, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was there in May 2012 and I had a good experience, the food was great, fresh salads, nice puddings, also the staff was helpful and smiling all the time, even the chef's were all the time there to help with your food selection. Rooms were cleaned every day, the hotel is located on the beach, close to the train station (about 5-10 min to walk) in case if you want to go and visit Barcelona. I can't say anything bad about this hotel, maybe the swimming pool is a bit small and the bacon looks weird... The only bad part was on the beach, when you want to relax and you have massage/sales people coming every 5 minutes, but this is not related to the hotel.

I can recommend this hotel based on my holiday experience and I hope this helps in choosing your holiday!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Ionut R
HTOPHotels, Director Comercial at H.TOP Royal Sun, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear client,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. We are especially happy getting positive reviews about our staff attitude, as this is one of our main concerns. Concerning the beach, let me inform you that we are about to open a new beach bar really close to the hotel that will definitely improve our offer. Please contact our booking department if you book again, we hope to see you again soon !

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My son (21) and I (53) stayed five nights, half board.

Be careful with your belongings, I had my purse and camera stolen on our 3rd day, use the safe and dont take out too much cash in one go, leave your cards in the safe too, I had done this and although it was very upsetting it could have been worse.

GOOD POINTS
I loved this hotel, very clean, pleasant feel, deocor good.
Location on the beach, again lovely.
Staff polite and helpful.
If you like walking, jogging or cycling its all flat, go right out of the hotel along the camping park and you will find the beach much quieter and you can snuggle up by the rocks if its a bit breezy, its about 10/15 mins walk, I did this every day.
Santa Susana is a nice little place to strole around, its clean and pretty, take a ride on the small puffa train for an hour, takes you up in the hills only 4.2Euros each.

OKAY POINTS
Food well presented, tasty, colourful, fresh salad, pasta, not much in the way of freshly cooked hot meat, the sweets are a bit boring but this I have noticed in all buffet style hotels, The breakfast was okay, beans a bit cold, sometimes there was champagne, this I did like.
The pools are quite small, not much room to swim in.

NO BAD POINTS

A FEW POINTS YOU MAY FIND USEFUL TO KNOW
Room a bit on the small side, (but very clean and adaquate), bathroom was fine, hairdryer works and does the job.
Balcony was the smallest I have ever seen, but a least you have one.
If your room is on the back of the hotel, you will find it noisy, the train line is vertually under your balcony, they run every 20 mins, sea views cost more. Be aware that from 7pm until midnight there is live, loud music from accross the road where all the bars are, I dont mind a bit of music but when it comes from more than one bar at a time its moise, take your ear plugs to drown it out and you will be fine. If you are out everynight it wont matter
There was no fridge in our room, not sure about the other rooms
The internet is NOT free
The safe is 28 euros for a wk,
Beach beds/parasol are 3 Euros each for the day
Road and pavement construction is going on right outside the front entrance, no fault of the hotel of course these things have to be done at some point, it looks like it could be a while before they are finished.
The massage/sales people who constantly walk the beach really drove me crazy, you have to say no thank you in Spanish at least five times before they give up.
There is a small bar round the corner called Le Ship, do nice food and happy hour, worth a look.

If I was going again I would do bed and breakfast and upgrade to a front facing room, might have to go for fewer nights to compensate the cost

Room Tip: rooms on the back of the hotel are noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank mandy w
HTOPHotels, Director of Sales at H.TOP Royal Sun, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear client

We do thank you for taking your time giving an opinion about our hotel. We are happy knowing that most of your experience was very positive, and we are sorry to hear that you had some problem with your belongings (I understand that your problem was outside the hotel). The only negative point in your comments are the ones regarding the noise in the back part of the hotel; as we do want to see you again as soon as possible, we will make sure than in your next visit you get a nice view room, so the only problem that you found would be solved. Please contact our booking department once you have booked with your travel agency.

Thank you again for your time, and we hope to see you back very soon
Annan, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I do believe people should make their own opinion but please read my review. My friend and I both in our late 40's went on holiday to this hotel, It was the second time at the same hotel, 3 years ago it was everything we wanted for our short vacation, NOT this time. We arrived about 3:30pm at the hotel the girl on the reception put her hand out and said passport, NO eye contact NO hello or a smile, we handed them over, she them started to talk about the restaurant times unfortunately I was struggling to under stand what she was saying to us that I said one moment I'm sorry I don't understand what was being said, we'll she did not like that and just handed the leaflet to us, when I eventually wanted to read the leaflet it was in German and not English. We got our key went up the lift not too sure if we were on the right level as the numbers in the lift did not light up and there was no sign when the lifts opened to say what level we were on. We unlocked the door and the room was nothing I requested (sea view), I went back down stairs with my conformation email saying I requested a sea view again the same girl said we would have to pay 30euro (maybe 20euro struggled to understand) per night I asked if there was one available she replied yes, I asked could I not have it since I did request one, she said I would have to pay Grrrr. Went back to our room left the bags as we were hungry. Down at the restaurant there was snack as we missed lunch fair enough, chips nuggets, burger, fish balls, lettuce, tomato and crusty bead. As we were so hungry we took what we needed sat down as my friend needed to take medication with water/juice. We asked the lady who was going about for some she said “no drinks, up stairs”. We were so shocked 4 star and nothing to drink juice tea or coffee. I asked her again if she could have water and again “no up stairs”, fine we ate little as we both very thirsty. We went up stairs produced our 2 all-inclusive tickets ans ordered two drinks, we couldn't have drinks as were have to give them the two green cards that come with your other card as they get you a glass, YES you need a green card to get a glass and at the end of the day you take your glass back and they give you your green card for the next day.
MEALS
Now I'll try food when away as it is always good as the hotel previously has been of a good standard I was so shocked as to what was on offer. The chips were cold (every day and went at different times) I got potato HOWEVER they were always served in carrots and Brussels sprouts. None of the staff said hello or made eye contact we felt a little uneasy by this every day.

STAFF
If theses staff were mine they would be sacked, if I owned the hotel the managers would be sacked. It has nothing to do with what star rating, being polite to customers is top of the list, cant say hello even in your on language smile make eye contact something to make me want to come back.

***Jordi in the bar and Segi outside were polite helpful and if you take time to watch very professional in their duties

ROOM
2 Euros for a fridge in your room is extra, I didn't know this I was told by another guest.
20 Euros deposit to have the remote control for the TV, YEP you cant watch TV in a 4 star hotel without putting 20euris down as deposit. Our room was very clean

We went to the hotel next door Mar Mediterrania to have a look around the staff were everything I want from a 4 star hotel as were the rooms, next year we are booking at the hotel next door, Mar Mediterrania

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Anne Marie H
Dear client,

We apologize if we were not able to fulfill your expectations. We consider that our staff is very polite and professional, however if you consider that this time we were not as good as in your previous visit we will take your comments into consideration. Regarding your request, there is a charge for a sea view room, and even if we would like to , we cannot guarantee every sea room request, as most of our clients express the same desire. If you decide to come here again we will do our best to make sure that you get a sea view room.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Susanna hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were very disappointed on this our second stay at this hotel. The staff on all fronts were very polite. however the food selection was poor for lunch and dinner with 2 choices for main course and no grilled food available. Canned beet root, carrots was offered. Breakfast was equally disappointing with only pre fried eggs and bacon and slices of salami and only 2 choices of bread and low quality. The drinks quality offered was good but there is a strick glass policy and you submit your empty glass or plastic cup to get another drink. Avoid this hotel if you want to enjoy your holiday.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel .
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George T
HTOPHotels, Director General at H.TOP Royal Sun, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Mr George

We apologize if our food selection was not up to expectations this time, we do take your comments into consideration and we try to improve it in the future. Regarding the glass system, we apologize if that caused you any inconvenience, but we consider that the results are improving our service. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've just got back from a week away at the Htop Royal Sun and it did not disappoint...
The location is absolutely fab and we couldn't of asked for a better view from our balcony, overlooking the pools and a sea view.
The rooms are dated but who wants to spend hours on end in the room anyway?? Comfty bed though and always cleaned well.
The food was good and we always had a good meal and plenty to eat when eating in.
People moaning about the All inclusive card system (it ain't rocket science).. You get two cards pp, one you give to go behind the bar and the other you keep on you and take it each time you go for another drink, take the empty glass with you, no biggie! The bar staff are amazing (special shout out to George and Giovanni) treat them with respect and you'll get massive laughs and kindness and if you sit at the bar you certainly don't wait for a drink or have to queue. When our glasses were empty, they filled it straight away and always remembered what we were drinking.
The beach bar was lush and views were great.
You do get dropped off the other side of the road and have to use a subway to get to the hotel but it does have a ramp, not just stairs! Small price to pay when you see the location and back of hotel/beach bar. Never had a problem with reception staff, always helpful.
My advice is treat all staff the way you would like to be treated, it gets you a long way. If staff are rude to you, then just maybe you were rude and disrespectful to them (I witnessed this myself with one guest).. Practice your holà, gracias and senoŕ and it'll be very much appreciated.

Well hope this review helps and we hope to return to The Royal Sun next year.

• Stayed May 2013
9 Thank PaulandSammy
HTOPHotels, Director Comercial at H.TOP Royal Sun, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear client

We are extremely thankful for your more tan nice comments, receiving this kind of compliments is what makes our jobs easier. We do expect you to come back as soon as possible; please make sure to contact our booking department once you booked as we are willing to make our best to make your holiday even better!!.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Returned home from this holiday 30th may never again, it was terrible. Rooms were awful in need of modernisation, not clean, food terrible, paid for half board but ate out all the time, this is never a 4 star hotel!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bev O
Dear client,

We apologize if we were not able to fulfill your expectations. We expect to see you in the next future in order to change this wrong impression. Please do not hesitate to inform our booking department if you decide to come again, we are willing to do our best to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Was a little bit worried when read some of the reviews before our holiday but I'm pleased to say we enjoyed our stay.The room was clean and fresh towels every day , food was nice plenty of choice my only fault was it could have been hotter ( there was a microwave if u wanted) staff were friendly and helpful I would go stay here again : )

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JaNorm
Dear client

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We hope to see you again in the very next future. Please contact our booking department when booking again, we try to make sure that your next stay is even better than the first one. We are proud to have many clients who have been visiting us for over 20 years, we will try to make sure that you join that club!